lethargy

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
Horatio Felacio

lethargy

Post by Horatio Felacio »

i've been trying to get back in shape after taking the summer off. i've been climbing a decent amount. the past 3 times i've been outside i've felt like crap...muscle fatigue, getting pumped way too easily, and probably decreasing in level of difficulty.

the same feeling happened this past spring when i was getting back in shape and climbed a lot of pitches per day with little rest, numerous times a week.

both instances, i've seen quick gains, then quick losses. anyone else experience this? is this from not resting enough? maybe i'm not swallowing enough? i don't know. please help me!
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

overtraining syndrome. happens if your fit trying to get fitter or just trying to get back into it with bulk days. going off your own statement that is the problem. take it easy, recover, and pace yourself.

and swallow more your garggler.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

swallow, the extra protein should help.
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
mcrib

Post by mcrib »

just keep talking to me
"I just want to disappear"
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

Sounds like you are getting old crusty and....Nasty

Rest more
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

I get that way when I'm cramming too much in. This doesn't only include physical work but also mental work (school, work, etc.). Best solution is to keep going but drink more caffeine and possibly turn to other stimulants.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Electrolytes and extra protein keep me from feeling like a train wreck the next day.
ahab

Post by ahab »

SCIN wrote:...and possibly turn to other stimulants.
nothing exceeds like excess.
ho, i got connections, whatchu need?
buy the Ticket take the Ride
schwagpad

Post by schwagpad »

Sounds a bit different from what I'm used to. I always go hard for a month or so and find that I have completely plateaued after just a few weeks. I guess it would take several months of hard climbing to see another gain, but I always get overwhelmed with other stuff.

I got it. Quit your job.

On a related note, I was thinking about going against my instincts and doing some jogging to get back in fighting shape. Would this actually help to make me lean and mean, or would it just tire me out for the climbing days?
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

at first it may sap you but not likely. i've been running and after the first week back i feel as if i have more energy. just don't try and do 15 miles the day before and its cool.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life