Shoes For Sale: 1 Pair Barely Used La Sportiva Testarossas

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
ahab

Shoes For Sale: 1 Pair Barely Used La Sportiva Testarossas

Post by ahab »

Size 40 ½ (8 USM, 9 USF)
Retail anywhere from $145 to $170.
Will part with them for $120

Bought them over the Labor day weekend at Miguel’s. They have only seen 2 days worth of climbing (roughly 9 sport pitches) and are practically brand new. They seem like excellent shoes, but are about one size too small for me and don’t look like they will stretch much.

I would prefer to sell locally (Lexington and surrounding areas), but will ship if necessary (shipping paid by the buyer).
PM me for details, questions or offers.

Thanks!

buy the Ticket take the Ride
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Just wear them. They will stretch, Wear them around the house.
Living the dream
krampus

Post by krampus »

wear them to your ballet lessons, it will work out
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
ahab

Post by ahab »

are you guys speaking from experience w/ these, or just climbing shoes in general? by the time i get to the chains on the warm up i feel like my feet are binded like a chinese school girls' in days of old.
i went through a painful break-in period w/ some anasazis, but these seem to be a bit more extreme.

continue the sooth-saying and i may just buck up and break em down like a cheap shotgun.
jamlawyer

Post by jamlawyer »

They will not stretch! I bought mine too small too it seems. Had the same stretch hope based on my other La Sportiva shoes and it did not come to fruition. Wish I'd have sold a long time ago!
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

dude, why the heck did you buy a size 8? i've got some used size 9 anasazi's that will squeeze you if you're looking for a tighter fit, and i'd part with them for like $20.
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
ahab

Post by ahab »

jamlawyer,

1. how long did you wear them before you had lost all hope?
2. what size do you wear? you could buy these & redeem yourself!! :wink:

accusatucky,
yes i am aware they are full 1 1/2 sizes smaller than my current shoe. it appears that sportivas run smaller than 5.10s. just not that much smaller.
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

mine stretched a lot..
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
krampus

Post by krampus »

Brentucky wrote:dude, why the heck did you buy a size 8? i've got some used size 9 anasazi's that will squeeze you if you're looking for a tighter fit, and i'd part with them for like $20.
size 9 you say, I'll take 'em. painfull shoes are for crazy folk
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

run smaller? hmmm, this is just like when i confuse myself when i say a climb is sandbagged and mean to say it's soft. then i just remind myself that kipp is a sandbagger and figure it out real quick like. if somebody tells me a shoe runs small i'll have to think of this now; you better be right in what you say boy!
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening