McCains VP

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

it's fun to see the emotional libbies squirm. sounds like maybe he made the right pick after all.... I under estimated the loathing anf fear from the dems on this one.

looks like the anointed one, obama-rama, may have a fight on his hands with the antichrist.....this should be good viewing. come to think of it, just envisioning dmw frothing at the mouth over this pick is enough to make me smile...(and she knows I love her, in a neo con sort of way, that is....)
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

On a point more away from the issues, does everyone here really think that a person with five young'ish children, one who is a baby and another who is a pregnant teenager, is really going to be the best choice for VP of the US? Has this religious, family-oriented lady really thought about this? Just in case Obama loses couldn't they at least have found someone with a little more time to spare to actually help run the country?
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

that is sexist brentucky. doesn't obama also have young children? i thought better of the liberal elite. what ever happened to the feminism of the early 70's....?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

Brentucky wrote:On a point more away from the issues, does everyone here really think that a person with five young'ish children, one who is a baby and another who is a pregnant teenager, is really going to be the best choice for VP of the US? Has this religious, family-oriented lady really thought about this? Just in case Obama loses couldn't they at least have found someone with a little more time to spare to actually help run the country?
I wouldn't worry about it. Odds are a big part of why Brianna or Buffy or whatever her name is got pregnant is that her parents were busy. I have no idea what pops was up to, but mom was busy milking DC for money, then flip-flopping and giving speeches about how terrible the "bridge to nowhere" is. (Of course, the state is still building the "road to nowhere" - the access road that would have served that bridge. That's even more of a waste than the project as a whole!)

There have been plenty of good leaders who have been lousy parents. I don't think that Bristol's pregnancy counts as much of an "issue".

And, yes, Piggie - you will hear "libbies" (aka "the reality based community") in a tizzy about this. The whole thing just reinforces that the Republican party doesn't give a damn about competence or intelligence. They'll continue to pick and vote for goofball mornons who will continue screwing up the country. Who the fuck are these idiots and who are these idiots who support them? :shock:

While Palin will be effective at securing the religious base, all evidence still points to this being a desperate shot in the dark with minimal vetting. Not a good sign for a McCain presidency.

(as for Palin being an overall good choice, instead of a VP/Convention bounce for McCain, Obama keeps rising in the polls - specifically, more and more formerly undecideds are swinging to Obama. All this convention/VP noise should shake out in the next two weeks or so - we'll see where they stand then.)
Bacon is meat candy.
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

I was just hitting reload at:
http://sarahpalinisyournewsegway.com/

and the best one is: "your new LOWERED EXPECTATIONS"

Seriously - the Bush II campaign was based on setting pretty damn low expectations for El Shrubbo, then mostly meeting them. Is it really the case that Palin is the best that the Republicans can do.

Seriously?
Bacon is meat candy.
dmw

Post by dmw »

the prob;lem with the neocon thugs is that sometimes they aren't as stupid as they look. piggy is right, things are getting more interesting. and i am frothing a bit over them.
ScrmnPeeler

Post by ScrmnPeeler »

Sorry guys, this one's in the bag for McCain. I still can't figure out how Obama is going to win on a 'raise taxes' stance.

By the way, the government has never helped you.
So, you're a feminist...isn't that cute.
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

OK - now it's serious! Diddy (yes, THE Diddy!) can't take it any more!

Diddy says "John McCain Is Buggin The F%^k Out"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thmueS0ngAs

John McCain endured years of North Vietnamese torture, but now that he's pissed off Puffy, it's over!

(Seriously, watch at least a minute or so of the video - there are celebrities who should comment on politics, and, well, some who probably shouldn't...)
Bacon is meat candy.
L K Day

Post by L K Day »

Widespread panic. Nice. Very nice.
dmw

Post by dmw »

I know where to find you Larry!!! :twisted: