Blown away!

Discussions full of RAGE!
DriskellHR

Blown away!

Post by DriskellHR »

So I found myself in the highlands (in louisville) working on a 3 story building in the upper floor apartment. the 2nd floor is an apartment as well. but the first floor is a popular restaraunt with a bar and outdoor sidewalk eating area. so, an employee with a gas powered leaf blower comes out and began blowing all the cigeratte butts off the sidewalk and into the streets (eventually the street drains) and we are talking 30 - 40 butts easy every day! I am also told that this is comon along bardstown rd but have not seen this yet.

I asked the employee if his boss told him to do this and he said yes! so i shake my head and walk away. He goes back inside and comes back out with a broom and dust pan, that made me laugh like i did not see that.

So, my impression is that if they allow their customers to eat on the sidewalk should they not clean up ALL the trash left behind by their patrons? besides that, is it legal? WTF

I plan on taking action but any suggestions on how to proceed?
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
KD

Post by KD »

you should kick the fuckin shit out of 'em! Then light 'em up an piss em out!
der uber

Post by der uber »

You are right - he should have been using an electric blower, or the broom. That's LNT, highlands style.
DriskellHR

Post by DriskellHR »

considering the sell trash vacumes the same size as blowers but they cost the same and would pick up trash rather than blow it around
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
meetVA

Post by meetVA »

Hey! That's our drinking water their butting into.

I don't see how it is any easier to blow them onto the curb and then sweep vs sweep in the first place.
But really, the first question should be, why do smokers, in general, feel it is okay to litter every where. Probably b/c someone else cleans up after them.
I have a few smoker friends who pack out their butts in the cellophane around the cigarette pack and throw them away properly.
Ironically when I asked another smoker why they didn't do the same, she told me, "That's gross."
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
- Robert McCloskey

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
- Emo Philips
KD

Post by KD »

isnt charcoal and cotton what water filters are made from?
ynot

Post by ynot »

yes but without the other 200 carcinogens in a cigarette. I stuff them in my pants pockets. I get crap from Mrs Ynot when she does laundry if I forget to empty my pocket later. then I give her crap for tossing the lint from the dryer on the basement floor.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Danny

Post by Danny »

dude, you should give her turd
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Danny wrote:dude, you should give her turd
:lol: :lol: Soy milk out my nose! :lol: :lol:
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
der uber

Post by der uber »

We need to take littering seriously. I pick up stuff (though not cigarrette butts) as I'm walking from my car to wherever, but it's not enough. We need to start cutting off the hands of those who litter. Otherwise we'll be up turd creek, sans rowing device.