ROAD TRIP to Rocky Mountain National Park

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
Cliff Heindel

ROAD TRIP to Rocky Mountain National Park

Post by Cliff Heindel »

Good morning,

Think fast. I'm contemplating a road trip to Colorado this week(June 29/30-July 4-6). Does anyone know a footloose partner who'd want to ride along or meet up out there? Individuals familiar with the Diamond preferred; multipitch trad experience mandatory.

Thanks for any leads-Cliff
'really ?' -fluffy
allah

Post by allah »

be doing the same trip late aug. and early sept.
haas

Post by haas »

I live out here and wouldn't mind doing a route or two if you need a partner. FYI, the Diamond is still very snowed in, we've had a huge snow year.
Cliff Heindel

Post by Cliff Heindel »

i pm'ed you.
'really ?' -fluffy
haas

Post by haas »

Cliff, I pm'ed you back, but check out this website quite regularly. The CMS is in the park a lot and does a great job with condition reports. It sounds like the lower elevation peaks are in but the Diamond itself has a lot of snow. The Keyhole route is sort of the tourist hike on it, with the most technical terrain being a low-angled boulderfield, usually done in just sneakers this time of year so when it recommends crampons, you know the snow is still a factor. Again, give me a call, if you come out I'm sure we can make something happen.
http://www.totalclimbing.com/page.php?p ... &mode=view
dmw

Post by dmw »

TenSleep Wy is in fabulous conditions right now. There is a climbing celebration going on that happens to coincide with independunce day.... so if anyone is going to be around the BigHorn Mtns this summer you should check it out. The limestone is sweet.