early starters?

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Josephine

early starters?

Post by Josephine »

i've been recently blessed with a lot of free time and will be in slade thurs through sunday through the end of august - and i'm looking for partner(s) since my current partner can only climb 1 day per week. :(

does anyone out there like to start early? early to me means leaving miguel's parking lot at or before 8:00 am (leaving at 6:00 am would be even better). recently it's been so nice to get started early - enjoy warming up on the easy routes when no one's around and finishing up right around the time it's getting hot.

the only other consideration is that i'm not a really hard climber and i need to warm up on 10's (or easier) and i can TR/clean 11's.

josephine
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
dmw

Post by dmw »

If I were there I would, Josie! :)
p0bray01

Post by p0bray01 »

Holy crap another morning person!!! We are a rare breed ya know :mrgreen:
"The Mountains are my church and climbing is how I worship" - Tommy Caldwell
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

p0bray01 wrote:Holy crap another morning person!!! We are a rare breed ya know :mrgreen:
No, I think its a much more rare breed of people that don't like to go climbing before 10am.
ynot

Post by ynot »

good luck finding a sport climber that gets up that early.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
tutugirl

Post by tutugirl »

I will see if she still a morning person at 50...something happens after you have to get up with your kids at odd times...or stay up with them at odd times...
Margarita
The difference between bravery and stupidity is the outcome.
ynot

Post by ynot »

Grandkids are way better. No getting up in the middle of the night. Fill em full of candy and send em home, like Di says.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
p0bray01

Post by p0bray01 »

Up at 4 off the mountain by 1. Thats a great day. ;)
"The Mountains are my church and climbing is how I worship" - Tommy Caldwell
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

when you normally go to bed around 10 - getting up at 5 or 6 isn't really an issue.

and i never said s/he had to be a sport climber - i'll climb trad. i just don't own a rack big enough for me to lead anything using all my own gear.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
joe leismer

Post by joe leismer »

Josephine,
Josephine,
Let me know if this gets to you, if your interested. I'm looking to climb with someone the first weekend in July. Unfortunately I can only climb on weekends. Let me know if this works for you. I'm from Ohio. I have trad/sport equipment. If your interested, let me know and we can go from there. Thanks. joe

jaleismer@yahoo.com