talking to gumbies

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
charlie

Post by charlie »

Oftentimes the roads are closed simply because the oil company complains about the extra maintenance to the roads caused by climber traffic (driveby for example). If you are there for 5 mins instead of all day you still contribute to the increase traffic.

Aside from that, if you're too sally to carry your pack you're too sally to go to that crag.
krampus

Post by krampus »

Brentucky wrote:..... let me clarify the "pansy" part though. I am quite limp wristed and generally the taker. I would be confrontational but the eye contact alone would make me cry. I prefer spinning circles in sunflower patches while catching butterflies.
haha, you didn't edit your post fast enough :P
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

anyone else want to admit to breaking the rules? or is it just more fun to pile on?

I say...."everybody jump"......lol

like I said, many of us have broken the rules at our own crags. I am with anti on this one...let's just all learn from it.

I had someone ask me about my dog this weekend, as I was in Muir with him. I appreciated their candor to step up and ask me. I explained I had a " MV doggie pass", and they were cool with it.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

krampus wrote:
Brentucky wrote:..... let me clarify the "pansy" part though. I am quite limp wristed and generally the taker. I would be confrontational but the eye contact alone would make me cry. I prefer spinning circles in sunflower patches while catching butterflies.
haha, you didn't edit your post fast enough :P
those butterfiles show my sensitive side only because they cushion the rock beneath your hands and knees! :shock:
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

here is the thought of the moment. do you just attack from the get go. i was not at the chica bonita hill incident, but paw, did you know it was a climber vehicle? how? and if you didn't did you just start flagging them doiwn and letting spit fly?

this is where TACT keeps the attacker from being attacked. some oil guy or worse, dope herder, may have just pointed the boom stick and been done.

and is aggro REALLY the best method?
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

get aggro and then offer them pancakes
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

anticlmber wrote:here is the thought of the moment. do you just attack from the get go. i was not at the chica bonita hill incident, but paw, did you know it was a climber vehicle? how? and if you didn't did you just start flagging them doiwn and letting spit fly?

this is where TACT keeps the attacker from being attacked. some oil guy or worse, dope herder, may have just pointed the boom stick and been done.

and is aggro REALLY the best method?
I honestly don't remember what my first words were but I admit I could have been much more polite and tactful. It was reasonably obvious to me that 4 guys in a Wrangler with out of state plates were climbers and not oil people. I kinda just stood in the middle of the road and made them slow down. I certainly wasn't spitting AT them but I was stumbling over my words a bit in my excitement and may have let a little something out.
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

see what directness will get you pawilkes.... people say to step up and be direct, but now you have to take etiquette classes too.

if folks are out of line, you should not have to apologize for stating the obvious. geesus..pc police gone too far.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

no pig, i was just looking for clarity; something you seem to want to get to as well. i was not arguing stepping up, good for you. what i was saying is it is the TACT or the way the message is put out there that can direct how the information is processed and if it will be digested or spit back out in your face. THAT i;m sure you understand as well pigvomit.

i also don't want vigilante andy getting popped for being a goodguy.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life