Putzing Around

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Get a hammock or a backyard swing you can lay down in, put it in a shaded part of your back yard, and relax with a book. That's one of my favorite solitary activities that doesn't involve some sort of exercise... read, doze, repeat. It doesn't suck.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Oh, and pigsteak, living in Lexington in the summer doesn't seem like it would suck that badly: http://www.lfucg.com/parks/aquatics_locations.asp
---
(Emails > PMs)
Cliff Heindel

Post by Cliff Heindel »

dear mr. pig-

i know that on all the transcendent issues of the day we agree, but total self-absorption is the price we pay. i fear you peered too boldly into the forbidden. forget about the world, it's only you.

on the other hand, and this may tell more about me than you, you and SCIN are two of the most productive and generous people i know (of). there are those who believe the economic benefits to the area from climbing related developments will outlast our hero's farsighted and principled tax cuts.

or, playing music can be addictive and is a good way to be useful.

ps-i love your dog
'really ?' -fluffy
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

yeah piggy, it's not everyone who asks me to get up and leave at 5:30 SHARP in the morning to do a full day of trail WORK until dark!!! you generous, bored, bastard!!! :lol: i can't even get most of my friends to leave to go climbing before 8:00!

perhaps you should take the suggestion of the relaxing song in this video which caught me by surprise at about the 3 minute mark (maybe not work safe, at least if the volume is cranked and anyone is really listening)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvHkgTOxmnk

so bring your favorite lady... or at least your favorite thaaayaang!
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
charlie

Post by charlie »

There are plenty of paths to take in every life. When one path restricts the opportunity to explore others I feel like I am shortchanging myself.

Right now it's all about the bikes and the boats. You know you are more than welcome to join us (if you can forget how scared you are).
jordancolburn

Post by jordancolburn »

Yasmeen wrote:Playing in the water has been an excellent way to avoid climbing in the humidity so far this summer.
Where were those pictures taken?
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/496691/daniel_beck.html
p0bray01

Post by p0bray01 »

Yeah I am life you, however, school took and is still currently taking (with my clinicals) time that I want to go climbing, but I train and workout when I can't climb. see in WV you prolly get maybe 120 ish days of no precipitation....sooo it gets pretty darn depressing. I also spend a shit ton in gas to go to Pittsburgh where the nearest gym is at. But it is worth it.

When I cant train or climb I tend to dive into the books as of right now. I know one day (and I am happy for this) I wont have to be so fixated on this board exam to let it rule my life and I will quickly and happily fill that time lost with time climbing.

So many things tho get in the way of climbing its kinda scary...I guess I now know why some of the pros gave up legitimate jobs to be a bum...
"The Mountains are my church and climbing is how I worship" - Tommy Caldwell
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

At the jump rock near the suspension bridge. One of the previous threads about swimming areas at the Red mentioned it. Great place!
---
(Emails > PMs)
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

Steve wrote:piggy I thought you ran. You should be spending all your free time training for a race.
steve, I do...training for a late sept. marathon. as I age, only four days a week of running can I handle.

I am over the "bored" thing already. that was just a sunday funk. I am back to being self absorbed like any good climber.

charlie is too level headed and rounded for me, so I always ignore his advice. besides, it usually makes sense, and what fun is there in that?

and yas, I can't swim, so water is out.

and brent, you would have been home by dark. I ran out of water.

cliff, I'd say thank you for the compliment, but I honestly know my hard work is self serving as I love to develop new lines. Even the sweaty sack rhodo thrashing is something that I love to do that would make RRO proud.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.