what makes a gumby

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
krampus

Post by krampus »

I remember seeing some guy for his first trip outside on his first tday at the red try to go up crazy fingers on top rope. at the second bolt he started to fall, instead of letting the toprope catch him he grabbed the draw and squeezed. "kchrichk" was all we heard when he litterally hooked his hand with the draw and ripped his flesh from the bottom of his palm to the top of his middle finger. when he got down it was like the dude from national lampoons european vacation "yeah, yeah I think its alright" "pchueek" was all his hand had to say as the blood started squirting.
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
caribe

Post by caribe »

Another fine example of abysmal risk assessment.
DriskellHR

Post by DriskellHR »

Caribe I totally must have missed what your corolation between schivo and risk assesment. However I do agree with your statement about helmets and dumbasses. I have a helmet and barely use it, when I climb trad (just starting) or guiding (not guiding anymore either) so it hangs on my gear rack collecting dust. I say it's what ever you feel comfortable with or without one its all a risk to some degree....
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
caribe

Post by caribe »

DriskellHR wrote:Caribe I totally must have missed what your corolation between schivo and risk assesment.
Under normal working conditions they do not correlate.
Shivo relates to hitting your head and hitting your head relates to risk management.

In know its a rock, just pretend its a seed!