Flat Irons

Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

there is actually camping right outside of boulder canyon, almost in town. it is a hotel of sorts, but it has places to pitch tents. it is on the right as you head out of town. rhunt, can you remember the name of this place?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

east face of the Maiden is fun, casual approach as long as the mule deer don't want to mate, I'd commute from Vegas if I was you
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Breakfast place was probably Walnut Cafe. Really good food. Also nice bike shop in same strip mall.
Christian

Post by Christian »

pigsteak wrote:there is actually camping right outside of boulder canyon, almost in town. it is a hotel of sorts, but it has places to pitch tents. it is on the right as you head out of town. rhunt, can you remember the name of this place?
It is on the right ,just before 4mile Canyon.
I try to be a good man but all that comes
of trying is I feel more guilty.
Ikkyu
haas

Re: Flat Irons

Post by haas »

john e aragon wrote:I need to know about routes (5.8 or less), camping, how long would it take to drive there from Lexington, and any other info you want to share. Is it really as runout as I hear it is?
John, we met at Tackett's a few years ago one night. Anyway, I wrote the new color guidebook to the Flatirons. If you need any specific info or maybe even a place to crash, email me directly at jasonhaasclimbing@gmail.com
mtbgirlie

Post by mtbgirlie »

if you haven't travelled out already, screw camping. you are welcome to stay with me. i live about 20 minutes from boulder canyon, 15 from eldo, 20 from clear creek canyon.
-jennifer
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

Can't remember the name. I do rememeber being flooded out, wading in waist high freezing cold water to retrieve our tent. That same trip I had the most shameful 1/2 day of climbing ever trying to lead the 2nd pitch of the 1st flat iron.
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist