Temporary closure

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
p0bray01

Post by p0bray01 »

wonder if pkananen's idea would work for torrent as well...I like that idea.
"The Mountains are my church and climbing is how I worship" - Tommy Caldwell
512OW

Post by 512OW »

For that to work there would have to be a gate. It doesn't work at LRC, because there is no gate. Everytime I've been there I've met people who don't have passes...
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
pkananen

Post by pkananen »

It wouldn't be a perfect solution, but it would allow for more control. There'd also be better enforcement at Muir. You could even just do parking passes, and skip the climber passes. It'd be easy to pass through the lot and check cars.
Steve

Post by Steve »

wonder if pkananen's idea would work for the Red River Gorge as well...I like that idea.
I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

I have a valley parking permit, and I am sure rick won't mind me being an entrepreneur. I will hall 4 people to the valley floor saturday morning for $450 a head...you are guaranteed no lines at bruise brother. PM if interested. (PS- I will donate 1% of my proceeds to Friends of Muir Valley)
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

I will give $600 for 2 passes.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
Liz_Weber

Post by Liz_Weber »

Thanks to all of you who have volunteered to help this weekend.

Yes, we could use some help. Anyone good with a chain saw? Large pine right at the edge of the road, adjacent to one of the blind hills we are cutting out, will have to go. Help in chainsawing and hauling away the pieces much appreciated.

Liz
Liz_Weber

Post by Liz_Weber »

P.S. For those of you wanting to help, for more information, access to tools, or coordinating times, call Rick or me on our cells. 317 402-0118 or 317 402-0123. We'll temporarily be losing phone service at the house and internet connectivity during construction.

Liz
trog

Post by trog »

Oh no....now we'll have to learn to climb cracks
I wonder, seriously, what effect this will have on number of people travelling to the Red and climber density at other crags will be this summer.
ancient gumby,
whatsa gumby?
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Unfortunately the wider flatter road will let them speed even faster. Better put in speed bumps.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.