disappointed with Muir Valley climbers

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Too bad heidi doesn't know about Hominy Hole and other infamous incidents in the red's past which were not created by gumbies who can't climb 12's. She could have had a killer come back then.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

[quote="512OW
The FACT is that when you have alot of bolted routes under 5.10, the crowds come swarming. They don't go somewhere less crowded because they CAN'T... their options are severely limited. If there were only 5.12's at Muir Valley, the parking lot would never overflow, even if it were half its current size. And the parking was what this thread was about, not your insecurities and issues.
[/quote] didn't go to bob marley during the rocktrip did you???
if only that were true. people can always go where its less crowded but that makes a crowd.
the parking lot would still be crowded. i agree 5.10 under brings lots of people with their friends but i have seen the lode packed to the brim as well as solar, skybridge, sanctuary, etc, etc. none of these are "beginner" areas yet they get crowded as hell after a bus full of lawyers crashes. the issue is retardism and it doesn't discriminate due to climbing grades. i'd argue both ends. i'm sure that you have seen it as well as i have dubya that the crowds have gotten bigger everywhere and will continue to do so. people will continue to go flail wherever they can; all in the hopes of being "better" and "escaping the crowds."
Toad

Post by Toad »

What does Hominy Hole have to do with this? Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It was bolted. It was closed. End of story. But, there was never a
parking problem.

Gumbies are the problem...they come out of the gym with little to no "apprenticeship" from experienced climbers and most have little concern
for the outdoors or other people. Grades have little to do with Gumbiness.
Everyone climbs harder sooner or later.
Victory Whip in da House. Yeah.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

yeah, look at anti...still part of the problem, and climbs hard.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

awww you think i climb hard.

i just grunt for the hell of it.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
ecp88

Post by ecp88 »

I hesitate to interrupt the discussion about gumbies... but what about spraypainting some stripes in the parking lot? May not last too long, but it would delineate what are viable parking spaces.
I whitewater kayak a lot and there are similar issues related to parking at a lot of the playspots. One solution the locals have found is to create a shuttle service: pay 5.00 and they drive you there and pick you up again at dark. Some dirtbag could get rich shuffling between miguel's and muir valley on weekends.
DriskellHR

Post by DriskellHR »

[quote="ecp88"]I hesitate to interrupt the discussion about gumbies... but what about spraypainting some stripes in the parking lot? May not last too long, but it would delineate what are viable parking spaces.
quote]

If people can't obey the large sign that says "no Parking" thats right in front of their face, what makes you think they will look down and give a fuck then?
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
ecp88

Post by ecp88 »

You're probably right -what's all this spraypaint doing all over the these rocks? Oh cool, here's a premium spot in front of this garage - the approach vehicle will be in the shade and it puts me closer to the trailhead!
Toad

Post by Toad »

This thread can't even park in the proper forum.
Toad

Post by Toad »

DriskellHR wrote:If people can't obey the large sign that says "no Parking" thats right in front of their face, what makes you think they will look down and give a fuck then?
Why not just add the words "Violators Will Be Towed at Their Expense" right under the "No Parking"? Then do it. It will only take a few times before word gets out. Getting towed has a way of making people give a fuck.