disappointed with Muir Valley climbers

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
heidiramma

Post by heidiramma »

512OW wrote: Piggie, just stop bolting anything under 12c. It'll keep the gumbies away.

In fact, we should remove all the bolts on everything under 12c. :D
Why do people constantly equate being newer to the sport/not at the level of 5.12 with being a 'gumby' and disrespecting the land and other people?

I would think newer climbers would want to get on anything, the closer/easier access the better. If they suck, then why would they go through all that trouble to climb something that's crowded? Wouldn't the 'hard core' climbers - who have more time and talent in the sport - be the ones who'd go to any lengths to climb wherever they wanted? THEY are the problem, the ones so motivated and driven, that no one else matters, nothing can stand in their way.

If I don't do 12's, I can't climb there? I DO respect people, places, and am happy to look for a decent place to park and climb, but somehow should lose out? WTF?!

Please don't let such air-headed arrogance infringe on others - That would make YOU part of the problem as well.
Last edited by heidiramma on Tue May 27, 2008 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own.
You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president.
You realize that you control your own destiny.

Albert Ellis
DriskellHR

Post by DriskellHR »

Tiny Avenger Rides again!
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
charlie

Post by charlie »

Saxman wrote:...I guess that means Rick and Liz would be open to any constructive ideas you have Charlie. Do you have anything to offer other than antagonism towards your fellow climbers?
Truly, anyone that's spent even 5 minutes around me and has a couple of brain cells to rub together would know I have nothing to offer aside from antagonism for my fellow climbers.

Seeing as how you have such a huge hard-on for me how could you not understand that? Oh yeah, the 2 brain cells thing. Now I get it.
KD

Post by KD »

ummm you guys talking about wee wees are makin everybody uneasy. not that theres anything wrong with that or anything - its jus kinda different
512OW

Post by 512OW »

heidiramma wrote:
512OW wrote: Piggie, just stop bolting anything under 12c. It'll keep the gumbies away.

In fact, we should remove all the bolts on everything under 12c. :D
Why do people constantly equate being newer to the sport/not at the level of 5.12 with being a 'gumby' and disrespecting the land and other people?

I would think newer climbers would want to get on anything, the closer/easier access the better. If they suck, then why would they go through all that trouble to climb something that's crowded? Wouldn't the 'hard core' climbers - who have more time and talent in the sport - be the ones who'd go to any lengths to climb wherever they wanted? THEY are the problem, the ones so motivated and driven, that no one else matters, nothing can stand in their way.

If I don't do 12's, I can't climb there? I DO respect people, places, and am happy to look for a decent place to park and climb, but somehow should lose out? WTF?!

Please don't let such air-headed arrogance infringe on others - That would make YOU part of the problem as well.
Do you have a short complex? Or are you just unneccessarily angry?

The FACT is that when you have alot of bolted routes under 5.10, the crowds come swarming. They don't go somewhere less crowded because they CAN'T... their options are severely limited. If there were only 5.12's at Muir Valley, the parking lot would never overflow, even if it were half its current size. And the parking was what this thread was about, not your insecurities and issues.

Yes, being newer to the sport makes you more gumby. Live with it.

Now, take some prozac or whatever your doctor prescribed for your anger, and learn to distinguish when a post is in jest or when its serious.
Last edited by 512OW on Wed May 28, 2008 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
gus

Post by gus »

nothing is f*cked here dude....nothing is f*cked
successfully beating anorexia
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

message boards are fun, how have I ever lived without them...how?
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
krampus

Post by krampus »

So the driving issue is bad, how was the dog issue this weekend? Are people being dipshits about that too?
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

charlie wrote:How many of you have been appointed proxy decision maker for parking enforcement at Muir Valley?
It's good that you are here to put everyone in their place. People shouldn't be allowed to vent online, it just confuses the people who take everything said online literally.
512OW wrote:Now, take some prozac or whatever your doctor prescribed for your anger, and learn to distinguish when a post is in jest or when its serious.
Yup.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
heidiramma

Post by heidiramma »

512OW wrote: Do you have a short complex? Or are you just unneccessarily angry?

Yes, being newer to the sport makes you more gumby. Live with it.

Now, take some prozac or whatever your doctor prescribed for your anger, and learn to distinguish when a post is in jest or when its serious.
Being newer to the sport doesn't equate with being disrespectful of those around me. If a gumby is akin to being an idiot, then there are many experienced climbers who still fit the description. That was the point of said vent. No malice intended, just clarification. Got it? :wink:
The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own.
You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president.
You realize that you control your own destiny.

Albert Ellis