disappointed with Muir Valley climbers

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
krampus

Post by krampus »

Or just put the sticker on the window, and then they will be stuck pulling into miguels with a "I'm a douche bag" sticker on their window and be ridiculed by everyone else. I would bet ridicule is a more effective deterrent over forcing Rick to wast more valuable time on stupid people.
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

That's a good idea. We could also take pictures of their cars and put them on a kiosk in the parking lot. Like the polaroids of all the strung out shop lifters at the convenience stores. :lol:
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

Good point bcombs, I should never underestimate the power of stupidity. I like the sticker idea. You can make your own stickers at www.stickerjunkie.com but there is probably somewhere cheaper.
"Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy." - Homer Simpson
Lateralus

Post by Lateralus »

Hey sco bro YOU ARE SO RIGHT. what was i thinking, no doggyz can poops there no mo-- would you be ok with putting one of you're own treats on the windshield? Lot of poo goes to waste, waste not want not er ... something like that. I really think this might get the attention of the offensive potential area closers (OPACS). these guys eyes glaze over when they are given a good talking to, hell their eyes may have been glazed over before that, we need the message to hit them in the primal regions of their melons where no confusion can occur-- kind of like Flee, fight.... see poo , don't park there--- stickers are dime a dozen Stinckers will not be soon forgotten and it's FREE and GREEN (depending on what you ate that morning anyway)
"Good things take time, impossible things take a little longer"
Percy Gerutty
charlie

Post by charlie »

Has it occurred to any of you problem solvers that these discussions are purely within the realm of Rick and Liz's domain?

How many of you have been appointed proxy decision maker for parking enforcement at Muir Valley?
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

I received my PDM approval letter in the mail today. It's got the gold seal stamped right on it! I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the envelope. All that hard work is finally paying off. Gotta run, I'm tearing up. :cry:
krampus

Post by krampus »

I would gladly accept the role of windshield pooper onner....for a dog pass anyway, then winnie could eat my poop, then poop the already pooped poop on other cars that need a pooping.

shit
Liz_Weber

Post by Liz_Weber »

I am sorry about the parking problems encountered at Muir last weekend, because a few people felt they were exempt from any rules, guidelines, or common courtesy. Usually either Rick or I try to make several passes through the parking lot on really busy days. This past weekend, however, we worked all three days, so we could not make it down from Indy.
charlie wrote:Has it occurred to any of you problem solvers that these discussions are purely within the realm of Rick and Liz's domain?

How many of you have been appointed proxy decision maker for parking enforcement at Muir Valley?
Actually, Rick and I have solicited and appreciate constructive ideas to improve the parking situation at Muir on busy days. We do consider these discussions to be well within the domain of any interested party who wants to help us improve Muir.

We have solicited ideas from Friends of Muir Valley and gotten many good suggestions, as well as a few rather draconian ideas.

We do have a team working now on a design to expand the parking lot, which we plan to implement later this year.

Liz Weber
truello

Post by truello »

I think it's awesome how proactive the Webers are when it comes to MV but unfortunately the pessimist in me only sees a larger parking lot delaying the inevitable.

I like the "shit on the community, the community shits on you" idea :twisted:
krampus

Post by krampus »

Truth is it would only really take one day of towing some people to really get the word out. Or the sticker Idea might be less intrusive but effective in using the social conditions of the climbing community to help influence behavior.