disappointed with Muir Valley climbers

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

sorry guys, me and my crew were just trying to get some pitches in at bruisebrother wall! you know how that goes! hee hee hee!!!! :D :D anyway, i couldn't find any other spots and couldn't wait to get on those killer rigs, so i just had to park and go rock climbing. so guess what? fuck all of you!
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
DriskellHR

Post by DriskellHR »

Dude thats kinda depressing although I tend to agree with you however I never give up hope that peple will get the point.

I will be gating my property in Muir I have never had problems with people going down there but someone did in the last two weeks. They did not tear up much that was worth anything, but it still pisses me off.

it's too bad a place like Kentucky cannot boast about a better climbing community.
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
Sco Bro

Post by Sco Bro »

We pulled into Muir on Sunday around 10:30, the lot was full. So we turned around and went elsewhere. I really like the idea of dog shit on the windshield. Lateralus that’s good thinking, but if I’m in Muir I won’t have my dog. Where am I going to score some shit? I guess I’ll supply my own and just write a message using the TP.
Wrongdoers, you’ve been warned, now prepared to be bombed!
Mrs.climbeRPh

Post by Mrs.climbeRPh »

I stand corrected in my high and mighty opinions of the climbing community. I just wish those people would have taken up baseball/football/basketball etc. where you are expected to act more like a childish, overbearing, testosterone-ridden asshole.
Also, we were almost run off the road by someone coming in who was way left of center. My god, the number of climbs available to people is astounding; enough for everyone to turn away and climb somewhere else. Camping is sooooo expensive, poor little lazy dirtbag climbers.
GWG

Post by GWG »

When I was in college, the campus police had stickers that they would place on the windshield and side window. They had specific instructions on who to contact to get the boot removed from your car. That wasn't the bad thing, it was getting that bloody sticker off the window. Anything short of a new razor blade knife was ineffective and if you happened to be stickered during a hot sunny day, forget it. It was like super strength bonded to the glass.

Place a sticker on the window stating that the car had been chained, lock a large chain around the axle or tow bar or some other spot and then let them know that they have to track down Rick to have him unlock their car at his convenience. 2 things accomplished: 1. They have their otherwise wonderful day of climbing dampened by not getting to leave when they want to leave and 2. they have to face Rick and explain why it was absolutely necessary for them to park in the location they did. :mrgreen:

Again, it is only at Rick's convenience that the car gets unlocked. :lol: :lol: :lol:
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

man being out west thinking i came from a good place and this is what i get to see when i come home. closed cliffs AGAIN.

thanks folks.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

GWG wrote:When I was in college, the campus police had stickers that they would place on the windshield and side window. They had specific instructions on who to contact to get the boot removed from your car. That wasn't the bad thing, it was getting that bloody sticker off the window. Anything short of a new razor blade knife was ineffective and if you happened to be stickered during a hot sunny day, forget it. It was like super strength bonded to the glass.

Place a sticker on the window stating that the car had been chained, lock a large chain around the axle or tow bar or some other spot and then let them know that they have to track down Rick to have him unlock their car at his convenience. 2 things accomplished: 1. They have their otherwise wonderful day of climbing dampened by not getting to leave when they want to leave and 2. they have to face Rick and explain why it was absolutely necessary for them to park in the location they did. :mrgreen:

Again, it is only at Rick's convenience that the car gets unlocked. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I would just have their asses towed. It would teach a lesson and help support the local economy. Maybe the tow charge could be raised by $20 that would go toward the Friends of Muir Valley or the PMRP payment.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

Why not just get some chain and a padlock, and feed it through a wheel hub on the offending car with a note that they have to pay the Friends of Muir Valley to have it removed.
"Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy." - Homer Simpson
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

MacGyver wrote:Why not just get some chain and a padlock, and feed it through a wheel hub on the offending car with a note that they have to pay the Friends of Muir Valley to have it removed.
Because the first moron that doesn't see the chain and tries to drive off will be sueing FOMV for property damage.
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

My guess is that people who are too retarded to follow simple rules are likely the same people who believe in pay back!

So what did ever happen to common courtesy?
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS