"Do Work Tour" 2008 (Rebolting/Retro Gear)

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Colorscholar

"Do Work Tour" 2008 (Rebolting/Retro Gear)

Post by Colorscholar »

Hello everyone,

Well I am moving down to the Red this summer for about three months. A much needed rest from the world of academia and research.

I am going to be spending some of my rest days and those fun humidity filled days jugging up lines and re-bolting some stuff and replacing old anchors, quick-links and lots of fixed draws.

I have donated a huge box of Sterling, Petzl and other assorted runners and biners to the cause I also bought a huge load of quicklinks as well to use as fixers and some new chain sets as well.

I am happy to do the labor this summer and would welcome any additional support if anyone one wants to contribute to the "Do Work Tour."

Anyway best wishes to everyone and see you all at the crags.

Best,
Tony
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

I will help.
Hugh
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
Lander

Post by Lander »

You're a good citizen, sir. Well done, well done.
"Doin' right aint got no end." - CRLT
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

Keep me posted Tony.

Should we get a list together, and also start a dialogue with FS? I bet alot of the needed repair is in wilderness areas.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
captain static

Post by captain static »

You might want to start with the list of reported bad bolts on the Team Suck website: http://teamsuckclimbing.com/fixedbolts.php

I seem to remember Tackett saying that Purple Valley was on the radar?

As previously posted it is OK per the Forest Service to replace bolts in the Clifty Wilderness as long as a hand drill is used. The Forest Service does ask that the hangers be camoflaged.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
hoss

Post by hoss »

The bolt before the anchors on Up Yonder is sketchy. It's spinning fairly hard and since the route is very pumpy a lot of people blow going for the chains. I did last weekend and almost hit the ground with the bolt holding my ass, if it hadn't I probably wouln't be posting this right now.
Today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go fuck himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.
Colorscholar

Post by Colorscholar »

Hello everyone,

This is an update. I already have gear being donated as we speak. I am in the middle of gathering more sponsors for this idea of mine and will be back with more info soon. I am turning this into a full blown deal and want to put forth a ton of effort on this so hang tight till I can get more info and figure out some details.

Its time to....."Do Work!"

Best wishes,
Tony

Hugh, man I am sooooo psyched to see you, it has been sooo long.
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

Colorscholar, i can belay for a day on the weekend.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
RRO

Post by RRO »

Purple, Pistol, Muscle a lot of crags out that way need a lot of love. We should not have to have special permission to replace existing hardware in that area. I would be willing to pick up the drill again.
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I'm in.