LOST CLIMBING SHOES - Miuras

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

No lie. Miuras rule.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Yeah, they do for sure, but after 2 resoles I think mine are starting to get a little close to retirement... :)
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
no grain

Post by no grain »

Yasmeen,

where do you get yours re-soled at? I have a pair of muiras and wanted to give it a whirl. Has the same shop done both re-sole?
No big deal.

Post by Guest »

Yasi is at the Red, but I asked her the same question this weekend. She uses Yosemite Bum and Sportiva rubber and they do a great job. I'm beyond thrilled with my Miuras so I will probably stick with the Sportiva rubber when it's time for a resole, even though I know 5.10 rubber is stickier. These shoes are the absolute shiznit as is. I also wonder if 5.10 rubber wears out faster?
GWG

Post by GWG »

I've used Flyin Brian twice on my Mistrals and have been real pleased. Quick turn-around time and the soles looked like they were new out of the box. My experience with 5.10 rubber is that it does wear out quicker. Stickier rubber is going to be softer, therefore it's worn much quicker.

GWG
Wes

Post by Wes »

The sportiva rubber sucks, I always get my shoes resoled with steath.

Wes
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
no grain

Post by no grain »

I had three pairs of muiras and than went to the anazazi. I am sold on stealth rubber. Muira + stealth = perfect combo.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:14 am.
No big deal.