Aittle help would be appreciated

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
krampus

Post by krampus »

I expect to be back next weekend, my foot doesn't feel like its going to explode everytime I lower it anymore and the fear of compartment syndrome is past. I will just be sure to put on my boots when making a deposit in the woods next time. It has sucked but it really wasn't too bad.
hamsco, I doubt I will be at rocksport tomorrow but give me a call when you leave and will meet you at the brewery. dmw, I will have a few for ya, give me a shout if you ever get back to the vill.
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

post some pictures of the bite!
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
ahab

Post by ahab »

"Professor, what's another word for pirate's treasure :?: "

"Well I think it's booty :!: "

"Booty that's what it is :!: "
buy the Ticket take the Ride
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

much thanks to myke dronez and ahab for some sweet climbing and gear collection, and also for keeping me at the wall until 10 to watch you guys do some sweet sending with your headlamps! :) krampus, i think we owe these guys a lawnmower. :wink:
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

oh yeah, JR and some other dude were actually there before us, but luckily we showed up as they were about to clean "hot drama teacher" or else i wouldn't have been able to clip that damn bolt over the lip and FINALLY get my send on that thing! :) if you know these guys perhaps a beer would be in check for the friendly effort!
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
whilojo

Post by whilojo »

I had an epiphany this morning as I was contemplating your bad luck, krampus.

I realized that this snake bite wasn't bad luck at all--instead, it's nature's way of getting revenge on RRclimbing's most vocal proponent of RRG slab!!!!

Think about it. Why, after all these years of snake-bite-free climbing at the RRG, do you get bit now? b/c you were climbing at Chica Bonita, the new slab capitol of the RRG.

I know you've resisted in the past, but you're going to have to admit defeat and confess that you've been wrong about slab all along. Renounce! Renounce, you heretic!

:D
When people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong. ~Oscar Wilde
krampus

Post by krampus »

NEVER, all you got to do is stand up. Its just that easy, uless of course your foot looks like a potato :wink:
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

whilojo, epiphanies are best kept to oneself, at least when they involve dirty talk about my slab-climbing buddy! so where are we going this weekend, anyway? back to slab city perhaps? :P
Wes

Post by Wes »

http://www.youtube.com/user/kyreptilezoo Some cool videos from the Slade reptile zoo about snakes and bites.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
krampus

Post by krampus »

That guy is crazy, I heard about some of those legendary bites in the winchester ER

FYI it was 8 days before I could put a shoe on my foot and even then it was my hiking boot completely loosened up. Today, after 11 days I am walking without crutches or a cain, only a limp. Still can't ware regular shoes, and climbing shoes are definitly out, good thing the red is full of jug hauls. I am hoping the swelling goes down by this weekend but who knows. The pain is all but gone except when I walk on it.