Marks BBQ?

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
usmcmars

Post by usmcmars »

krampus wrote:
usmcmars wrote:There is a Mom and Pop restaurant in Stanton right behind the post office. I never ever remember the name of the place but the food is good every time I've been there. Very good prices as well. It looks like a house that has been transformed into a diner.

It is home cooked comfort food.

Marlene
That place was awsome, but I heard its a chinese food place now
I was there about a month ago and it was still the mom and pop place. The place is the name of the family that owns it. Gosh I wish my memory wasn't so darn fried.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Cotton's? I think it closed several years ago.
I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.
usmcmars

Post by usmcmars »

Steve wrote:Cotton's? I think it closed several years ago.
Not Cotton's. This place is if you were facing the post office it is to the right of it. The building is a tan color.
hamsco

Post by hamsco »

It's name is Bruins. I've been going there for years, Family owned and run, with the best beans and cornbread in the state.
No creeds, manuals, or special translations
krampus

Post by krampus »

I'll have to check it out, I was probably thinking of cottons
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

hamsco wrote:It's name is Bruins. I've been going there for years, Family owned and run, with the best beans and cornbread in the state.
Good, greasy and cheap (at least for breakfast) The only issue is that they don't have a smoking section - as in the whole place is the smoking section.
Bacon is meat candy.
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Well, that's out then.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
usmcmars

Post by usmcmars »

hamsco wrote:It's name is Bruins. I've been going there for years, Family owned and run, with the best beans and cornbread in the state.
That's it! Very good cornbread indeed! Good greens too!

They do have BBQ sandwiches, but they aren't as good as the trailer.
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Kathy's in Clay City. Great food; nice folk!

Of course, nothing beats the food in the Gorge!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
Rags

Post by Rags »

word, dipsi. Kathy's in Clay City is really good. and they don't bat an eye when you show up with chalk and blood on your hands.