First week of march

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
hosgh

First week of march

Post by hosgh »

Would the first week of march be a good time to come down? Its my schools spring break and im not sure what its like this early. Thanks.
DriskellHR

Post by DriskellHR »

check the weather man! besides what else are you going to do? might as well climb.
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
endercore

Post by endercore »

id say check the weather man on thursday before you leave. Thats your best bet for a semi accurate forecast.

if conditions arn't prime keep driving south, or east.
FujManiac

Post by FujManiac »

uh, it's usually pretty cold, but the friction is good that way ;) But go to places that get sun, and you warm right up and the climbing is great...plus the Red is usually pretty empty; it's not like you'll be waiting in lines to climb stuff.....
I usually go over spring break at that time also, but this year - we're going out west! :)
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

it can be really hit or miss in march. like everyone else is saying, check the weather just before you leave and make the decision. have back up plans further south, Tenesssee, Georgia, Alabama; take a look at the Dixie Craggers Atlas
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
DriskellHR

Post by DriskellHR »

It is shaping up for a warm sunny and dry weekend!!! rock on.
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
krampus

Post by krampus »

climbing sucks don't go
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
der uber

Post by der uber »

It all depends on the weather, wouldn't you say? I don't think anyone here is a meteorologist.

Red River Gorge can provide 12 month climibng, it
s just a matter of picking the right days.
krampus

Post by krampus »

whatahutch, now is your chance to truly appreciate this site
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
Lander

Post by Lander »

Hey man. Nobody can predict the weather two days out much less a week or more. Hell, last Sunday went from looking no good on Friday to good on Saturday to not good on the actual day. My party was already committed to getting out that day so we went for a real nice hike and saw the pretty snow in the gorge. Lots of folks climb right through the winter. You just have to commit to go if you want to go and have a plan b in mind in case the weathers crap. Asking for peoples opinion on here is more than useless. :roll: