Redpoint VS Onsight

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.

Difference between Redpoint and Onsight

You may select 1 option

View results

der uber

Post by der uber »

Yes, I think you raise some good points and questions, JR. The climbers end up being a product of their environment.
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

JR wrote: But is it the climbers that are specialized or the Red? What if the Motherload consisted of 46 Trad routes graded 12a or better? Don't you think we would be better at gear routes if there were a higher concentration to practice on?
there would be less people period. OR there would be TONS of 5.8 leaders. but really, how cool is 5.8???
Danny

Post by Danny »

In terms of well rounded I think there is a distinction between what you do and what you could do. Someone could be well rounded in the physical and mental sense but only climb sport or only climb trad, for example. Or they could be well rounded in the sense that they climb a lot of various types of routes even if they are not so well equipped physically and mentally. Or they could be both. There is also the distinction between what you have done or been and what you are and are currently doing.
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

well rounded = all disciplines a real rarity since the "money"(snicker, snicker) is in sport climbing.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

did you forget to send that memo to sonnie trotter, lisa rands, and dean potter?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

...........and the Caldwells.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
512OW

Post by 512OW »

pigsteak wrote:did you forget to send that memo to sonnie trotter, lisa rands, and dean potter?
Don't send a memo to Dean. He'll sue you.

And don't forget Alex Honnold, Justin Sjong, Katie Brown, the Hubers, and all the other all arounders who make their money by being strong... regardless of discipline.
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
Danny

Post by Danny »

so who's the Bill Gates of professional climbing and how much do they make? sorry i don't read climbing mags or i might know this.
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

once again, a rarity.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
Evan

Post by Evan »

Bill Gates makes enough to feed hundreds of thousands that are starving and fund research for disease and cancer.

Professional climbers get paid enough to travel around the world climbing. To answer your question, I don't know how much they make but I'd say it's all you would need. That may not be enough to raise a family? But, money won't make you feel good or keep you warm, unless you burn it.

Also, Danny you should never post again. It would be unlucky, if you believe in numbers.