LOST CLIMBING SHOES - Miuras

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?

LOST CLIMBING SHOES - Miuras

Post by Guest »

How could I be so stupid?? My La Sportiva Miuras are LOST. I just PM'd Ynot to see if they are in his truck but the biner I always hang them from is hanging on my pack. Empty.

I appear to have left them at Phantasia on Tuesday, July 22. They are size 38 and they have my mojo. PLEASE, if anyone finds them, take them to Miguel's and ask Miguel to hold them for Sandy.

If anyone is driving anywhere near Phantasia Friday, please look for them for me. They will be near the base of Creature Feature. I would greatly appreciate anyone's help and will BUY YOU DINNER if you'll go out of your way to grab these for me! I can't get to the Red until Sunday..

I am currently unemployed and cannot afford to replace these. I have been climbing wonderfully in these shoes and they are not even fully broken in yet. I am super sad right now.
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

I will be at Phantasia tomorrow and will look for your shoes.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.

Post by Guest »

Thank you, Saxman!!!!!!!!
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Ironic, I lost my watch at Phantasia a couple of months ago :cry:
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Phantasia is a known black hole!
Just genuinely disengenuous.

Post by Guest »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post by Guest »

:D :D :D :D :D

I just got off the phone with Miguel and someone turned in my shoes!!!!!!!!!!!! HOT DAMN! I was super bummed (and kicking my stupid ass). Whoever turned them in, THANK YOU! and please contact me, I want to buy you a pizza & ice cream.

:D :D :D :D :D
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Yay! Congrats, Lynne! That's great to hear!!
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Wow! That's really surprising, expecially around here where that could easily be seen as booty.

Check this out...
Muao Dib and I climbed a route together in Mexico at El Potrero in the late 90's. It was a long route so we spent all day on it, rappelled in the dark, packed up our stuff, and left for Athens, Georgia early the next morning. Well anyway, Muao Dib left her shoes at the base of the route. Since there were only a small group of climbers there (back then), everyone knew that she and I were on 'Snot Girls' that day so the shoes must be ours. Then a week later this girl from Athens (coincidentally) was there and someone gave her our shoes and she brought 'em back to us. We couldn't believe it! We had no idea they were found, let alone on their way on a plane back home to us.

There are some pretty cool people in this strange world of ours. :)
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.

Post by Guest »

Amen to that, sister! I am soooo grateful. Poor Miguel got an earful of excited woman shrieking this am. Ha!

These shoes are the shizznit, by the way. I AM a better climber in them. Honestly I didn't even want to climb this weekend if I didn't have them.