Goodbye Red River Gorge

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
Ascentionist

Goodbye Red River Gorge

Post by Ascentionist »

Some of you on here know me and my family, for those of you that don’t I apologize for the poetic waxing you’re about to be subject to:

I am very happy to announce that the Country family (Big, Fondu, Little and Littlest) will be moving beyond the western horizon to a land of greater relief.

I have accepted a job in Golden, Colorado and will be moving sometime in February. I have not been climbing in quite awhile. In fact, despite my close proximity to the Red River Gorge I have not even driven through in quite awhile.

I will miss this area, not because I am a climber, but because it has been my home all my life. I will miss some of the people I have known in the context of climbing in the RRRG, even though I haven’t seen most of you in some time. I have kept up with events as a lurker for a long time and I will most likely continue to do so. And I am sure that I will be in to visit my family from time to time so I might see you around the Red.

I am also extending and open invitation to any of my old friends who might be traveling toward or through the Front Range to get in touch with me and maybe we can hook up out there.

But my time as a RRG local has come to an end. I think I might give Big Country one final hurrah before I become a Colorado climber. Anyone free one day next week?
There is no TEAM in I
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Golden is a great little nook off Denver - I really dig that place. I even liked Clear Creek. Enjoy yourself out there! You might run into Joe Finney, depending on which state he's in at the moment.
ynot

Post by ynot »

It's pretty cool when dreams happen. I wish you all the best out there.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
discojett

Post by discojett »

Fun whitewater park in Golden. Bring your kayak.
Southern Utah - Where the women are men and the sheep are scared
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

enjoy the beer stench:)
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
ynot

Post by ynot »

Hey, before you split, Pm me the directions to Greenbriar. The ones where I don't have to go submarining in my truck. Unless of course I shouldn't go there.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
charlie

Post by charlie »

Good luck dude! Enjoy the altitude.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Best to you and the Family Chris!
Pru

Post by Pru »

Wow, Chris, this is HUGE news! It seems so strange for you and your family to be leaving. You are a fixture here, even when we don't see you or hear from you for a while.

I want to wish you all a joyous next chapter of your lives.

(This is Sandy by the way :D )
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Namaste, Chris!

I will remember you all my days!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS