Bouldering in the Louisville Area?!

Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...
JRTrash

Post by JRTrash »

mascatatuck county park in N vernon indianur is the closest
I've tried the place out, its ok at best. The only really great aspect is the proximity of the rock to the parking lot...makes it great on really cold days. Other than that, if you have the time, go to the red; if not, it will do.
powen01

Post by powen01 »

True dmw, but at least in the park you have fresh air and sunshine from time to time... And occasionally, I am that desperate.
dmw

Post by dmw »

this is true
schwagpad

Post by schwagpad »

This is a long shot, but I played around one time on a limestone band along a creek near my grandparents house. It was almost tall enough and steep enough to be fun, and there might be taller outcrops around. Its in some woods near the intersection of westport road and devondale drive. You'll see it from a path along the creek.
powen01

Post by powen01 »

Isn't that property on the big farm off of Westport Road?
rrgclimber

Post by rrgclimber »

i drive to the gorge everyweekend it is no that bad of a drive
TRAD IS RAD
jordancolburn

Post by jordancolburn »

Hmm, thanks for the tips, I stopped by Cherokee when I went to walmart to day to see if I could find anything to climb, I found one decent section of rock, slightly overhanging with a lot of crimpers, fun for like 10 min. But other than that everything was chossy, mossy and general non-existant. One would have to be desperate indeed to climb here. Musatatuk looks like it's worth some time though.
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

muscatatuck sucks. don't waste your time.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
heidiramma

Post by heidiramma »

Who the fuck climbs at Walmart?
Well, those aisles can be tall, I guess.
The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own.
You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president.
You realize that you control your own destiny.

Albert Ellis
jordancolburn

Post by jordancolburn »

Hey, walmart has a ton of climbing. My best send involved a sit start near that value cereal in the big bags. a throw to the pop-tart shelf with an eliminate on the hold in front of the raisin bran crunch. good stuff. I'm actually working on a general guidebook to apply to all super walmarts. Send me all your walmart routes and FA's if you wanna help out the cause. :roll: