asdf

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.

Mammut Infinity 9.5 70m - Great Rope??

You may select 1 option

View results

TradMike

Post by TradMike »

Sterling makes a great rope. The handle like a sports car. Edelweiss is by far the safest. I had a Mammut once and took a small fall over a benign looking edge. It cut half way through. Edelweiss Stratos features a patented polyamide braided monofiliament core, making it six to seven times more resilient to falls over sharp edges than current UIAA and CE certifications require.

Edelweiss for Trad
Sterling for Sport
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

ashtray wrote:
pigsteak wrote:rope is rope..buy the cheapest. they all pass the minimum standards.
Ah the hardman speaketh end of story. We can end the post now. Thanks kip.
you are welcome Jeff. and speaking of that, I have several old ropes hanging on my garage wall from 5-8 years ago. feel free to borrow any at any time.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

I hate edelweiss. Mine did not last as long, it became super stiff and just kind of sucked. My first rope was a maxim and it lasted for two years. Pretty good for a gumby rope!

I have a sterling marathon now. It's super dynamic (which only sucks for keeping a tight TR on a new climber), it's lasted a year so far with no real signs of wear but it's super black. The sheath turns black in an instant and you cannot keep the freaking thing clean for love nor money. That part is a tad irritating. But it clips well and stays pretty soft. Also, they are a huge coalition sponsor whereas mammut hasn't given us fuckall. So that keeps me pretty dang loyal too.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
rhino

Post by rhino »

Image[/img]
"Hookers and drugs man. Money can't buy happiness but it's really hard not to smile when you're in a cheap hotel room surrounded by hookers and drugs." ~ Charlie
charlie

Post by charlie »

I've owned 2 Mammuts, a dirty Sterly, and an Edelweiss. I would still prefer my 10.2 Bluewater to any of them. They all work though, I'd prolly just not get anything under 9.8 ever again.

Sterling is dirty as hell (and IME their sheaths are shady).
My Edelweiss lasted forever, but it was stiff as hell and always kinked.
Mammuts (10.2 is all I've had) are heavy, but they feel good and last a pretty long time.

Regardless, I just had these ropes to let my friends use them. I wouldn't be comfortable admitting I was a dirty chuffer in public. This is your answer, and they last for years.....

maggie

Post by maggie »

Horatio, do you even need a rope? Everyone knows a 12-pound human like yourself would float to the ground like a feather in the event of a fall...
roots

the pad?

Post by roots »

Rhino,
The boulder pads? For fucks sake....The Trays been there, done that and he's rocked them all. Little did you know Jeff originated the "pure climbing" phrase or however that B.S. goes. Try driving to N.C. every weekend for like 24 or 12 years straight. That's dedication.
JAY~BO
4:20
calvinivlac

Post by calvinivlac »

I echo the comments about durability; mine didn't last a day at the Red before the sheath basically exploded. Get something else for frequent use. I've had good experiences with Beal, not so much with Maxim, although I bought that one years ago.
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

roots, i think you're on to something there. rumor has it The Tray didn't even use a pad when he bouldered. that's tuff stuff there. not sure why he insists on a rope now. guess he's gone soft in his old age.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
ashtray

Post by ashtray »

Tracking Detail

Your bad-ass new rope is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 12/17/2007.

Tracking Number: *** *** * *** * *
Type: Package
Scheduled Delivery: 12/17/2007
Shipped To: LEXINGTON, KY, US
Shipped/Billed On: 12/11/2007
Service: GROUND
Weight: 10.00 Lbs

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
SALT LAKE CITY,
UT, US 12/11/2007 6:54 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 12/11/2007 8:58 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED