asdf

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.

Mammut Infinity 9.5 70m - Great Rope??

You may select 1 option

View results

ashtray

asdf

Post by ashtray »

asdf
Last edited by ashtray on Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pawilkes

Re: Mammut Infinity 9.5 70m. Good Sport Rope?

Post by pawilkes »

ashtray wrote: and please no smart ass comments from the peanut gallery.
you're asking for a lot there tray
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
jpexpress

Post by jpexpress »

i've climbed with the guy he is totally gear ignorant. we can use your new rope in my ragid grigri. i'm not in the peanut gallery, i'm at the bottom of the pile.
seriously though jeff i've never heard anything bad about mammut. however lets look at the facts
1) 9.5 rope shorter lifetime
2) 9.5 rope most likely will have slippage issues in a "good" grigri
3) working routes on a 9.5 can be a bitch
4) price issue is it a great bargain? shop around before committing
5) if it is a great bargain using as the "send" rope for a while might be a good option, while using that death cord you force me to climb on as the working rope might prove beneficial
my interests wincing in pain, cutting my toenails as I wince in pain, watching others wince in pain as i cut my toenails and wince in pain
and handling hazardous waste materials as i cut my toenails and wince in pain
Lateralus

Post by Lateralus »

In my opinon Mammut makes one of the best ropes $ can buy. . Judging by your thread, this is your only rope? If this is going to be your only rope I'd suggest getting a different (larger diameter) rope, that size seems a bit small except for your redpoint/alpine route where you are trying to shave off every oz. can't go wrong with mammut though
"Good things take time, impossible things take a little longer"
Percy Gerutty
Myke Dronez

Post by Myke Dronez »

Now I haven't been climbing very long at all but I do know this is the nicest rope I've ever been tied into.- Makes my Edelweiss feel like an unwanted stepchild. It handles great and has a tight, slick sheath that runs smoothly through belay devices-seems to pack small and light for a 70m too.
The only escape is up.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Sterling is the only brand I will own.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
flint

Post by flint »

Wes wrote:Sterling is the only brand I will own.
agreed
learn to jam, learn to bleed, learn when to give up the lead
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

marathons rock but the 9.8?/10/10.2 Glider by Maxim(New England) kick ass!! I've ridden a few other folks' and they don't ever seem like they were used. good, strong sheath, good handle, amazing life on it, and the price isn't too shabby.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

sterling sux. Mammut is good. And i recently had a 9.5 mammut. Unless your gri-gri is like 100 years old, you should have no problems with slippage.

But a 9.5 rope, is a 9.5 rope. Its not a good workhorse rope, and won't last quite as long as a thicker rope, nor will it hold quite as many falls. The 9.5 is a great 'sending' rope though, as its lighter, and easier to clip with. I'd recommend something in the 9.8-10.2 range for normal usage, and save the 9.5 for redpoint attempts.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Not even a little bit. I have been using them for several years, and they are very nice.
Shamis wrote:sterling sux.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda