Lady Slipper / Danger to climbers.

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
charlie

Post by charlie »

Saxman wrote:Charlie, I don't want to understand someone who could so selfishly dismiss such an issue. There is no moral rationalization in ignoring something that could make many people ill.
You got me there. Anyone around here will agree that I walk around waving my selfish and immoral flag proudly all of the days. Just one of my many sins.

I yield to your credibility in this situation. Keep fighting the good fight and continue to "talk" about making the world a better place. I'll stay out of your way.
thenutz

Post by thenutz »

Hey everyone seems that i have started something dont know how we got to the poo topic, but i will tell you this that this is a problem if this is forest service land and the people be who they may are dumping their waste be it yard waste clear cut waste or septic waste over the edge of a cliff on to which climbers are climbing is a very big problem. I definitely would not want to be climbing up a cliff and look up and see a bunch of cut down trees comming down on me. This is why im bringing this to everyone attention if it is private land we have no grounds to stand on with this issue there land they do what the want to with it i can live with this, just wont climb there anymore but if this is FS land they are illegally dumping raw waste on goverment land and that is against the law period we as climbers have to play by the rules so should they, they need to police there waste remove it and bring the area back to the way it was before they dumped on it. But i think that will be up to the FS to see what to do if it is FS land. I just wanted people know what i witnessed at this cliff and it could possibly cause a climber to get hurt wanted everyone to be aware of this shit being pushed over the ledge towards were climbers usually are at the base of such said cliffline.
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Having raw sewage running off of your property onto any other property, private or government owned, is illegal. This is all hypothetical mental masturbation anyways. It is most likely simply water run off.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

and sax is the master baiter fer sure.....go get em hoss!
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Pru

Post by Pru »

Yvon Chouinard believes that ingesting poop flakes will make your immune system stronger. Who wants to climb at Lady Slipper with me?
bazoqop

Post by bazoqop »

I don't give a shit about poop....

Changed enough nappies to dissuade me from disgust.

I'd climb at the slipper with ya Pru, 'cept after Moya dragged me out for the first time in months a month or two ago ( since she dragged me out last..)..that showed me my limitations.

Felt heroic to get up 5.9..a soft one at that.

Cheers! :D
"Huh?"
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

lady slipper is great in the winter, nice and sunny. I'll probably be up for climbing there in Feb
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
captain static

Post by captain static »

The Forest Service has confirmed that their boundary follows the top of the cliff in the Lady Slipper area. They also went and looked at the area and saw the cut timber at the base of the cliff. At the top where the construction is occurring they found no one present to speak to. This will be pursued further to see if the owners or contractors can be contacted to make them aware of the hazard to climbers below.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Oh god, not this thread again. Shit Captain, quit trying to save the world by looking into the biggest threat to climbing in the Red which is on private property that we have no business messing with and thereby pissing off the locals. You're going to ruin it for everyone. Way to fight a battle and lose sight of the war. Bloody wanker. Need any help :D
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.