OP Link Cams...

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
bcombs

OP Link Cams...

Post by bcombs »

I don't know if anyone has been following this thread or not...

http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/for ... =ASC;mh=25;

I haven't investigated the link cams that I own in a while, but if you have / use these take the time to look at the inner lobe for any fractures near the pin.

I use these cams alot in situations where I've tried a couple other pieces that didn't work and I'm having trouble finding a solid placement. Coincidentally these are also the times when I'm sketeched out and likely to fall. :)

One of the posts in the thread on RC.com points out that the inner lobes are steel on these cams. It makes total sense but I've never really paid any attention to it. So, if you use these cams be sure to inspect before and after climbing.
p0bray01

Post by p0bray01 »

hey I use them for the same reason....ave u taken a fall on em? I have never fallen one. Lemme know.
"The Mountains are my church and climbing is how I worship" - Tommy Caldwell
ynot

Post by ynot »

The nick of the guy that decked is Dirtme. go figure
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

p0bray01 wrote:hey I use them for the same reason....ave u taken a fall on em? I have never fallen one. Lemme know.
Hehe, just ask Ynot. :) I took a fall on the #2 on Dicey at best just last week. Trad climbing is hard.
ynot

Post by ynot »

Does it still look solid? I thought they were pretty cool. First time I used one. Bummer that something went wrong with one.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

I'm out of town right now, I'm going to check them out tomorrow when I get back in.
Diggler

Post by Diggler »

Have you guys seen the series of photos that show a guy climbing in Indian Creek and falling on a Trango Cam ...and the cam breaks? I'll search for the link and post it asap.
krampus

Post by krampus »

well there goes half my rack
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
p0bray01

Post by p0bray01 »

lol I checked mine...theres not cracks or anything...They just dont feel as bomber as C4's but in a pinch I dont give a shit so long as something will catch my big ass flying through the air.
"The Mountains are my church and climbing is how I worship" - Tommy Caldwell
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Diggler wrote:Have you guys seen the series of photos that show a guy climbing in Indian Creek and falling on a Trango Cam ...and the cam breaks? I'll search for the link and post it asap.
No, but I've seen the series of photos that show a guy falling on an Alien in Indian Creek and breaking it. Is that what you were thinking of?