Michael Robison: AKA, ZSPYDER

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Namaste, 'spidey.........climb on.
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones. Such a tragic loss for them.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
bryan

Post by bryan »

A few months ago Michael came into Hoosier Heights holding a small box of climbing holds. He walked up to Josh, who was teaching a belay lesson, and said: "Hey man, you want to buy some holds." Josh said, "sure how much." "20 bucks" said Michael. Josh agreed and went back to teaching his belay class. About ten minutes later there were a dozen boxes full about thousand or so holds. It was one of the most generous acts that I have ever seen.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

That's awesome.
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

What a great visual to hold!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
L K Day

Post by L K Day »

Never let the ones you love have any doubt about your affections. You never know when they'll be taken away.
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

True that!

kb9nvh

Post by kb9nvh »

http://www.homefires.us/bluemarble/BOOGIE/zspider.html

I've known Mike since about 1986. I remember when he first took an interest in climbing. I had worked through a 20ft tall crack in a cave and thought I was hot shit. Mike and I went to Bedford indiana to try out climbing a few cracks in the stone quarries down there. He sucked and I wasnt' far behind. I didn't see him for about a year after that and he invited me to red river to climb something (forget the name) that was pretty much a walk up to 100ft and then out of the rock room we had instant exposure straight down and had to keep going....anyway, he lead and made it leading the way. I took about three moves out of the room (fully tied off) and then couldn't find another move and went back. That was my last climb. Mike went on to huge things, climbing devils tower and numerous trips to red river.
Mike had introduced me to boating in 86 and taught me to slalom. That was his "thing" back then. Next we took up riding 4wheel drive trails. I had a chevy LUV and he had a jeep CJ7. Those were the days, drinking and four wheeling (the years and experience have slowed that drinking and driving down considerably).

More recently Mike had taken up boating at lake monroe. He bought an expensive boat (23 ft) and a slip on the lake and he spent quality time with his famliy every weekend on the lake.

I haven't really hung out wtih mike for about 10 years but I still count him as one of my best friends. He may have been controversial in this forum but someone could learn alot from his personality about keeping true to yourself. He was selfless and at times selfish but when you added it all up he was better than most and someone I counted as one of my best friends. I have lots of Mike stories but I'll wrap this up by just saying that he will be missed.

I'm going to try and find some old pics and add them to the link above as a memorial to my friend.