Michael Robison: AKA, ZSPYDER

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
goodguy

Michael Robison: AKA, ZSPYDER

Post by goodguy »

This morning on his way to work Michael Robison (zspyder) was killed in a car accident when an oncoming car swerved to avoid hitting a deer and hit Michael head on.

For those that don't know, Michael was a wonderful individual who stepped up 10 years ago as one of the original partners of Hoosier Heights. Had he not been there then, Hoosier Heights may not be here today. Some of you only knew him as zspyder here on the board, but to many of us he was the one to first introduce climbing to our lives. He is one of the main reasons that I and many others have such a passion for climbing today.

My deepest sympathies go out to Michaels wife and daughter.

zspyder you will be missed, but not forgotten.

Josh Thurston
Oh man, he is messing that up. However, he is missing his left leg so that way would probably be harder for him. SCIN, just before spraying some beta for a climber doing a route the WRONG way.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Oh, my god. He may have pushed some buttons here, but he really was a great guy. I'll miss you, man.
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

that's terrible.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
endercore

Post by endercore »

it's never good to hear of news like this. I never knew him but did know of his aversion to the quote button. Every post of his that I saw looked like this

This morning on his way to work Michael Robison (zspyder) was killed in a car accident when an oncoming car swerved to avoid hitting a deer and hit Michael head on.

For those that don't know, Michael was a wonderful individual who stepped up 10 years ago as one of the original partners of Hoosier Heights. Had he not been there then, Hoosier Heights may not be here today. Some of you only knew him as zspyder here on the board, but to many of us he was the one to first introduce climbing to our lives. He is one of the main reasons that I and many others have such a passion for climbing today.

My deepest sympathies go out to Michaels wife and daughter.

zspyder you will be missed, but not forgotten.

Josh Thurston

I'm sorry to hear about this accident and want to send my sympathies and condolences to his family as well. He sounded like a great guy who stepped up to bring climbing to an area that didn't have any.
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Terrible. I hope his family hangs in there.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
RRO

Post by RRO »

you just never know when. he did push buttons around here but thats a lot of what makes this place what it is. my thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family.
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
krampus

Post by krampus »

Wow, I barely even got to argue with him on here. I hope all goes well for his family.
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Very, very sad. RIP Michael.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
heidiramma

Post by heidiramma »

Heartfelt wishes to his family. I knew him only by his spicy posts, so horrible to hear this news about him. Makes me remember the truth in teaching new drivers that between an animal and a man/automobile, go ahead and hit the animal. Rest in peace.
The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own.
You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president.
You realize that you control your own destiny.

Albert Ellis
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

That is really bad news. I am so sorry for his wife and daughter. May they find solace in the consoling embrace of their family and friends.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie