Lady Slipper / Danger to climbers.

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
charlie

Post by charlie »

Great idea!

Lets get together and go meddle in the dicey, and highly evolved local politics of both the property owners and the building code enforcement officials and see if that's gonna help foster positive feelings toward climbers in the local community.

I enjoy burning bridges and causing problems as much as anyone but don't you people have better things to do with your time?
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

no.

should we learn to enjoy bourbon a bit more?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

if it is just water that has changed course do to construction thats one thing, if its poo coming down the wall its another. I wouldn't want to mess with pissing off the locals for little shit like water, but if a septic is leaking thats an environmental issue that should be addressed.
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
KD

Post by KD »

climbing a rock with pooh on it would be wierd.
captain static

Post by captain static »

anticlmber wrote:last known it was forest service land. theres even a little marker saying so when you enter the woods. the top is private, the tbottom is public.
The question is have you seen a Forest Service marker at the top of the cliff? Fortunately, unlike a lot of private land in the area, the Forest Service has good surveys and boundary marks. Give me a chance to find out from them where the boundary is in this area and then proceed based on this knowledge. Ultimately, if private development is impacting Forest Service land, that would be the Forest Service's problem to deal with, not ours.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Jeff wrote:Seems like since the cabins went in up top, there is a lot of water running over the edge above those routes.
Hope it's not from a septic system.
Can anyone else confirm Jeff's observation on increased water run off or is it possibly bad luck on his visits?
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

charlie wrote:Great idea!

Lets get together and go meddle in the dicey, and highly evolved local politics of both the property owners and the building code enforcement officials and see if that's gonna help foster positive feelings toward climbers in the local community.

I enjoy burning bridges and causing problems as much as anyone but don't you people have better things to do with your time?
This has all been hypothetical internet bullshitting since there is no real evidence of anything. However, your post reveals a strange thought process. If a climber shits at the base of a route you're pissed off but if a local is letting their raw sewage run down a section of cliff you are ok with letting that go on since it might damge our relationship with the locals?
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
KD

Post by KD »

Saxman wrote:
charlie wrote:Great idea!

This has all been hypothetical internet bullshitting since there is no real evidence of anything. However, your post reveals a strange thought process. If a climber shits at the base of a route you're pissed off but if a local is letting their raw sewage run down a section of cliff you are ok with letting that go on since it might damge our relationship with the locals?
yes. climber = not lost access if ppissed. local landowner = lost access if pissed.
Like This

Post by Like This »

I guess I better stop defficating on the dereks, then. :?
"When you feel something, don't just yell 'STRIKE!' and then pull out. Leave your probe where it is." -JH

I love you too, Ray!!
charlie

Post by charlie »

Saxman wrote:...... your post reveals a strange thought process.....
You have to be kidding me. Assessment of risks vs rewards of your actions is a strange thought process?

This is why I am thankful most of you are all talk.