Trad Rack

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

clunking hexes are definitely not cool. Tri-cams still are.
JR

Post by JR »

Shamis wrote: Still pretty sure it was DMM, even though some of the friends have a similarly crappy look to them.
I thought all cams were fashioned after Wild Country? Ray Jardine ring a bell?
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

JR wrote:
Shamis wrote: Still pretty sure it was DMM, even though some of the friends have a similarly crappy look to them.
I thought all cams were fashioned after Wild Country? Ray Jardine ring a bell?
yeah, all camms are exactly the same. :roll:
JR

Post by JR »

Come on Shamis. You can do better than emoticons. You said friends have a crappy "look". I seriously would like to know what you meant. I wasn't joking.
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

JR wrote:Come on Shamis. You can do better than emoticons. You said friends have a crappy "look". I seriously would like to know what you meant. I wasn't joking.
I think the DMM camms are crappy, because I have seen a lot of them stuck. Some guy I used to climb with had some, and I never particularly liked using them. So they are my baseline for what is crappy.

There is a certain style of 'friend' that looks like the dmm cams. I looked it up the other day, can't remember what its called. Some of the wild country stuff is pretty nice, and these might be too, but the look like the dmm camms at a glance, thus conveying a sense of crappyness to me.

Not sure why I'm bothering to explain this to you, as I'm sure you're just looking for a new post to flame...but flame on internet warrior.