asdf

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.

Do you like "slash" routes?

You may select 1 option

View results

ATLdude

Post by ATLdude »

"all I care about is M- E.... My Enjoyment." Homer Simpson
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

SCIN wrote: This is sport climbing. Anything under 5.14 is just practice anyway.
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
chriss

Post by chriss »

ashtray wrote: However it seems there is a correlation between super classic routes and ones that are considered really hard for the grade. That was my point beeatches.
So the solid grade makes the route better? Seems like a silly claim to me. I am pretty sure all those routes you mentioned would be exactly the same regardless of the grade.
Buster

Post by Buster »

you are missing the point young jedi
'Darling, may I please be excused for a moment?
I have to shake hands with a very dear friend of mine, whom I hope to introduce you to after dinner.'
The polite way to excuse yourself and take a piss.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

yes young jedi...the goal is for all us old farts to be able to spray. yo dude, I did "mercenary" a sandbag/slash route now only given a 13c, but all of us pansy locals KNOW it is at least 13c++

slash routes are just one more pathetic attempt to subtle spray, but have the numbers do it for you....soul ram is soul ram...8 ball is 8 ball...mind meld is mind meld...the climbing would be the same, and the rewrds as fulfilling, if they were 5.8 or 5.48....

that being said, sandbagging is like a kayne west/50 cent "thug brawl"..just a way to bring in publicity....
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, 1594 wrote:
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
chriss

Post by chriss »

pigsteak wrote: that being said, sandbagging is like a kayne west/50 cent "thug brawl"..just a way to bring in publicity....
oh sand bagging. I get it, like those "11c" moves at the top of sweet tater?
charlie

Post by charlie »

pigsteak wrote:that being said, sandbagging is like a kayne west/50 cent "thug brawl"..just a way to bring in publicity....
Lame. In the days of gri gris, auto locking carabiners, backed up rappels, stick clips, and curbside parking everything is just too freakin easy. Soccer and video games are harder and less mainstream than rockclimbing.

Is it that big of a deal when you have to earn the grade? Humility is a good thing.
TradMike

Post by TradMike »

Shouldn't a route be graded on its hardest move? Does "/" just mean one can't make up their mind on what to grade it? And what's up with these positive and negative routes? Does positive mean you thought it was a good whatever and negative mean it's a bad whatever? And all this "R" and "X" stuff. Why would someone go and make a route rated "R" or "X". Then the romans somehow became involed I II III IV V VI. A5WI9@#$%^&*
RRO

Post by RRO »

pigsnut, pigsnuts, pigsnuts. which routes stick in your head ? ones that were easy for the grade with great climbing or ones that were hard for the grade with great climbing. to me when i get up to the top of something that is way easy for the grade, i think yeah that was a decent route but easier than i thought it would be. when i get to the top of something that really made me think and try for the grade, i think f%^$ yeah !!! and thats it. if your just chasing grades thats one thing, go for the soft stuff and fluff the resume, you just may get some shoes out of it. but if your climbing for climbings sake enjoy the challenge, hope the routes are tough and make you earn em and dont let your # grade get in the way of a good time.
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress