THE UNEXPERIENCED CLIMBER

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
rokjunki

Post by rokjunki »

Sixteen years ago i met a man ontop of halfmoon. We thought he was the badest dude on the planet, he's climbing straight up this mountain and no ones got his belay,my friend said.
When he made the send we all gathered round and started asking questions.how did you do that, how this,blah blah.
He said here you try,so he hooked us up with a harness and gave us a belay.All i can remember is,it was damn hard.
well the day went on and our new friend Tim showed us cool things like how to knock down beer cans with a sling and some
steel shot.He said he make us all a patented one piece full body harness with no buckles just like his too.
Unfortunatly, i never made it back to the gorge. I was seventeen just became a dad ,and just didnt have the money,or the time to climb.
Well fifteen years later , afriend from work asked if i wanted to go climbing at the gorge . I said hell yea and bought a harness and some shoes.
We get down there and get on this small but pretty cool climb ,down at the sky bridge,little did we know this was going to cost us big time.
About an hour into it ,here come the rangers. You boys know your not aloud to climb here. I look at my buddy he looks at me ,no sir he says.
Well it's posted on the bulletin board ,the ranger says,and therfore you should have known.and gave us $ 125.00 tickets.
Unfortunatly we left . But i swore to return . So here i am one year later with the erge to learn and the will to succeed.
Bagged creature feature as my first lead, and want to add alot more in the next year.

thanks red river gorge and all who make it a wonderfull place
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

Dude,
It sounds like you are hooked. Sorry for whatever else you have going on in your life. Kiss it all good bye. It is a good waste of time though.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
Sloopy

Post by Sloopy »

I completely understand how you feel, dude. I'm sure everyone does. Some people are just too cool to admit it. :wink:
"You can't spell 'failure' without u r a." -Dr. C.

You have either have got the spirit or you don't. If you've got the spirit you rock; and if you don't... well, you're a sport climber. -Leonard Coyne
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Its nothing but babies, guitar hero, and redriverclimbing.com from here on out.
Living the dream
reospeed

Post by reospeed »

i heart guitar hero.
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

I met this guy named scin once and he was out rock jumping and he scowled at the rock and kicked his dog a lot, apparently he rarely wears a shirt but he always has on these pants that say P-R-A-N-A I think half moon is his favorite rock.
dmw

Post by dmw »

what is a guitar hero? is the corpse one of them? is Ho?
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

No just me, timberly, and reospeed
Living the dream