My parents and the Red...

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
travelinyouth

My parents and the Red...

Post by travelinyouth »

Okay, So my parents have an antique camper thing that they fixed up. So now all of a sudden my mom is a "camper," so next thing they do is ask me "Where can we go in the Gorge?" Well, I know if I tell them somewhere and it is not up to my mother's standards I will have to live with the anguish of a crappy campsite forever! This would not bode well come Thanksgiving and Christmas when the family that is going with them gang up on me!
So does anybody have any suggestions? They would like to have water (ie lake or river) and, according to my mother, "Not too woodsy (this one through me for a loop!)." So if anyone knows a "not too woodsy" place in the red, where she can ride a bicycle (preferably with no hills), and a low concentration of insects (particularly ticks), I would love to know it.

Thanks everyone!

[/code]
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Lago Linda
Living the dream
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

whittleton campground. just down from miguel's has all the things a mom could want.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Wow.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

I don't think it's going to happen! :cry:
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
travelinyouth

Post by travelinyouth »

I know its a tough one..... but I figure if she is willing to go camping at all, then that is a good thing.... especially for my dad, who actually likes camping!
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

i have a tent near the creek. it's not too big but there's always room for the ladies.
heidiramma

Post by heidiramma »

anticlmber wrote:i have a tent near the creek. it's not too big but there's always room for the ladies.
Yeah, they'll be plenty of room since you'll be sleeping outside of it. :lol:
The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own.
You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president.
You realize that you control your own destiny.

Albert Ellis
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

me? outside?? i changed the zipper sucka.
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

travelinyouth wrote:I know its a tough one..... but I figure if she is willing to go camping at all, then that is a good thing.... especially for my dad, who actually likes camping!
Just kidding! Hopefully, she will be hooked and everyone will have a good time! Good luck!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS