Sculptor Loose @ Muir!

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
Lateralus

Post by Lateralus »

I'm curious about putting an X on a hold that will obviously come off. I'm not trying to pass judgement about hard working developers. The red is so far the only place I've encountered that people have actually gone to the trouble of marking dangerous loose rock and then leave it there for ? That's the question what are the developers leaving the loose rock for ?
Can someone elaborate on this-- good luck trying to convince me there is some good reason to do this.
"Good things take time, impossible things take a little longer"
Percy Gerutty
antichrist

Post by antichrist »

Dude, Developers are just freaking lazy.
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

I thought Kipp was leaving it there to pay homage to all liberals. Not sure about other developers, though.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

Isn't the X a Scottish sign or flag and something? His wife has on X on the bumper of her jeep, maybe Kipp put X's on routes for his wife.

Serisouly, with all the heavey stuff route developers drag up to the cliff you'd think it would be easy to throw in the crow bar that's in the truck of their car.
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
antichrist

Post by antichrist »

or small blasting caps.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

lateral,
the only time I leave X'd blocks is when it is holding another piece of crap rock in place...sometimes they are packed tightly, and disturbing one will disturb many...if it is a tad "off route", the X is merely a courtesy to the next person to climb....touch at your own risk.

rhunt has it right..it is a tribute to mrs. pigsteak, who in reality funds every route I put up...

oh yas, pulling out the libbie card again....we all know there aren't any libs at the crag....there mere presence would be a violation of the hallowed ground of the spiny billed worbler...true libs stay in the gym to protect the environment.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
antichrist

Post by antichrist »

x marks the spot.....

It means, "Pull on this if your stupid"
dmw

Post by dmw »

lol Yas...
ashtray

Post by ashtray »

asdf
Last edited by ashtray on Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Dear Sculptor,

Can you please sculpt a lay-down ledge with no dirt in the middle of Cut Throat so that I may finally send.

Thanks,
Ray
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio