Break-ins

Pru

Break-ins

Post by Pru »

Don't be alarmed, I'm not reporting any.

It seems like last year was a good year in that break-ins were few and far between (if there were any at all). At least it seems that way when searching the forum. Is that accurate? Obviously not everyone reports them, but the grapevine is usually pretty accurate.

Even if that is true, I'm troubled by people's lack of precautions, because we all know that they will only stop for good if there is consistently nothing to steal. I was climbing Friday with a friend who left all kinds of valuable stuff in her car, including an iPod and her purse! We parked at Sore Heel. I asked her if she was concerned about getting ripped off and she said, "no, break ins only happen at the Lode." Well I'm pretty sure that's not accurate, and I told her so, but she left her stuff in the car anyway. Heck, I remember seeing the dude in the blue Ford Probe *at* Sore Heel and several of us taking turns watching the parking lot. This was the summer of 2005. That was the same year the Lode got hit pretty hard and there was also a break in at Shady Grove.

So my point is that I think we need to start educating people again about leaving their shit at Miguel's or wherever, just not in their cars. Your thoughts?
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

don't inform them. a good portion of my income comes from what i get from the cars. just keep putting up the flyers at the kiosks. even if they aren't read by climbers, possibly the people breaking in see them and know that their card has been pulled.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:17 am.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life