I am i new climbing, i need some help

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Day

Post by Day »

Read a lot. Climb a lot. Get the technical side down cold. Don't cut yourself or your partner any slack on that point. When you try something and it seems impossibly difficult ( like you'd need to be 100% stronger) you're probably a lot closer to doing it than you think.
john e aragon

Post by john e aragon »

People at your local gym can be a great resouce. Some may also buy whiskey for you since you are too young.
because i can
SciFiSanta

Post by SciFiSanta »

Wow climbers like beer or whiskey oh well looks like i'm gonna be different oh well. Climbing gym got ya.....anything else?
L K Day

Post by L K Day »

SciFiSanta, my response was serious. For a seemingly straightforward sport, there's a lot of technical stuff to learn and understand. Get it right. The ground is very unforgiving when it comes up at you fast. Get a good "How To" book for starters.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

pigsteak wrote:buy some shiny, clanky, thingies to hang on your BD bod harness. chalk often. make loud noises when at your limit. buy a stick clip. stay away from charlie and rro on here. always talk up trad and talk down sport.
Whats wrong with charlie and RRO?
"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page" - St Augustine
charlie

Post by charlie »

The question should be what's not right with the rest of the world.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

kinda what i was thinkning
"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page" - St Augustine