Subaru beta?

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Open deck engine has space between the cylinders and the outer edges of the block. They are cheaper to produce, can't take as much power, and have less surface area for the HEAD GASKETS. They are great for low power economical cars.

Closed deck engine doesn't have any space between the cylinder walls and the edge of the block. More expensive to cast and make. Cylinder wall won't flex and can handle much more power and boost on turbo cars. Much more surface area for head gaskets.

The new 2.5's being used by subaru are semi-closed, and seem to be as strong as the old closed deck engines.

I would attach pictures but I suck at the internet.

Check out this site for a interesting read and some pictures of a semi-closed subaru engine before and after getting sleaved.

Its very long but interesting if you like this kind of stuff.

http://www.perrinperformance.com/pages/show/32
Living the dream
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

There's a guy in Stanton that does great work on them and is always getting more to fix up and sell. His name is Ernest Foster.
There is no TEAM in I
dmw

Post by dmw »

I wonder if he has a side view mirror. i keep whacking mine off with stuff......
ynot

Post by ynot »

too easy
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

:lol:

:oops:
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS