First Aid Kit Reminder

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
Artsay

First Aid Kit Reminder

Post by Artsay »

This past weekend a foot hold broke and I got a nasty puncture wound. Neither Ray or I had any sort of first aid supplies with us but luckily a women's pantiliner and hand tape did the trick until we got back to Lexington.

I carried around a first aid kit for eight years and never used it so I hucked it a few years ago. I see this injury as a reminder that it's always important to have some backup, clean medical supplies on hand for an injury.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Artsay, I hope you're okay! I took a WFA course last year and learned how useful pads are (way better than layering gauze).

Galls (not Philip Galls) is a great store for first aid items like SAM splints, which are very useful for us climbers.
Last edited by Meadows on Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krampus

Post by krampus »

anyone know where to get a good first aid kit for a dog, particularly one that has snake bite first aid?
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

snake bite kits are bunk. kerosene on a rag is an old trick around the hills. talked to a few good ol' boys that swear by it. i forget the company name but there is a site for rescue dog gear and such.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
kirker

Post by kirker »

anticlmber wrote:snake bite kits are bunk. kerosene on a rag is an old trick around the hills. talked to a few good ol' boys that swear by it. i forget the company name but there is a site for rescue dog gear and such.
And for god sack don't take this as being sarcastic. But how would you safely transport kerosene to and from the crage week in and out. Or can kerosene be applied hours after the bite with the same results.
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

you could just carry it in a MSR fuel bottle or something like that
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
krampus

Post by krampus »

well ya know, as long as its my dogs wounds that I am pooring kerosene on and not my own :roll:
ynot

Post by ynot »

Tape comes in handy for all sorts of things. Fixing broken cigarettes, bandaids, trigger wires, taping annoying people to trees. oh and tape gloves.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
krampus

Post by krampus »

don't forget the make shift stick clip
ynot

Post by ynot »

see?
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney