The Arena - your input, feedback, criticism wanted!

Having problems finding a crag or a route?

The Arena - your input, feedback, criticism wanted!

Post by Guest »

Okay, here is a map of The Arena with all the info we have been able to collect so far (full size/easier to read map is here: http://www.fototime.com/CD29FFF86E8DA04/orig.jpg )

Please post corrections, additions, etc. here so we can get this right. Note, some of the route numbers are not shown on the map. And yes, some numbers are upside down.
tsparks

Post by tsparks »

Are all routes sport unless marked as trad?
$DO||!$DO; try
try is not a command

Post by Guest »

tsparks wrote:Are all routes sport unless marked as trad?
Yes. I know that is counterintuitive, but it was simpler in this case.

Post by Guest »

oh and the dotted line just to the left and below of the parking area in the upper right corner is where Oil Crack and The Arena Formerly Known as In Between Wall divide.

That's the new wall name, by the way. We're going to call it AFKAIBW, pronounced Aff-kabe-dubya :mrgreen:
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

i think you've got routes 13, 14, 15 in slightly the wrong place. also, i've heard that routes 18,19,20 are all .11-'s, but you probably got that from terry and he would know better than me.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I agree that opening act is 10d, but Encore and Standing Ovation are definitly harder. Probably 11a. Just my opinion and have also heard that from others.
Living the dream
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

I agree with Verbal. I've done 18, 19, and 20. It's been awhile but I thought they were more like (in order) .11a/b, .11a, .10d.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

Lynne wrote:oh and the dotted line just to the left and below of the parking area in the upper right corner is where Oil Crack and The Arena Formerly Known as In Between Wall divide.

That's the new wall name, by the way. We're going to call it AFKAIBW, pronounced Aff-kabe-dubya :mrgreen:
Looks like a good dividing point. Also that will be pronounced "aff-kabe-double you" in the civilized, er, I mean, northern parts of the United States. :wink:
deleted username

Post by deleted username »

I'd call Chocolate Waterfall 5.10a
I'd hope I have some say in the matter. ;-)
:: I may be weak, but I have bad technique!! ::
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

I have always heard Tech Foul is 12a. Again, I would have throw my vote in with Verbal and Artsay concerning 18, 19, and 20. 10d, 11a, 11a.

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?