Guide for Venture Scout group at RRG

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
Bill Shumaker

Guide for Venture Scout group at RRG

Post by Bill Shumaker »

:?: I want to visit RRG on Saturday May 10, for the first time, with a group of Venture Scouts (age 15-19) to climb and rappell for the day. Need an economical guide(s)/outfitter to help with group of 10-12. Also need some information about area camping for Friday night, May 9. Any information is appreciated.
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Bill,

I recommend that you refer to the Red River Gorge Climbing Coalition's website, http://www.rrgcc.org for information:

Go to Links, all the way at the bottom is True North Outfitters. Jeff Kennedy is the owner. He owns a climbing hostel as well as a guide service.

Regarding the rappelling, I would highly recommend contacting the Stanton Ranger District office to see if this is allowable. Unfortunately the known sport rappelling areas are on the endangered list to be lost to access due to the abuse of the area. If you need help locating a number to contact the SRD, I will dig it up for you.

If you have further questions, please let me know.
Just genuinely disengenuous.
Gothmog

Post by Gothmog »

Also, for future reference you can contact Chris Chaney at Red River Outdoors-606-663-9701
bob

Post by bob »

You can also try Barry Richardson or Brian Maslyar (859)269-1725
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Sorry Chris, I wasn't sure if you were still guiding now that you have your hands full!

Barry, Brian and Chris, please supply the RRGCC with your contact info and fee schedule, etc so that we can post it on the website for referrals! We get a TON of requests and lately we have not been sure as to who to refer to! THANKS!!
Just genuinely disengenuous.