What are you listening to?

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
Wes

Post by Wes »

Keb Mo kicks ass - a very, very good live show. Blues at their best!. Is it at the orange peel? If so, that is a great place to see a live show. I am going down for a spearhead show there in a couple weeks...
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
rastaman

Post by rastaman »

Yeah, it's at the Orange Peel. We've heard it is a sick venue. We were going to try and catch the Spearhead show, but it was sold out.
be
Wes

Post by Wes »

rastaman wrote:Yeah, it's at the Orange Peel. We've heard it is a sick venue. We were going to try and catch the Spearhead show, but it was sold out.
I have only been to one show there, but it was good. I am sure Charlie will chime in, as I think the bus has a designated parking spot near there.

I have two tickets to spearhead, so pretty pscyhed!
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
dmw

Post by dmw »

I saw Keb Mo with Bonnie Raitt last spring and it was fantastic! You should be psyched for this show!
charlie

Post by charlie »

Keb Mo is well worth the ticket, and the Orange Peel is one of my favorite venues (and I've seen a couple or three all over the country). Sounds great there, tapes are great there, and it is home to the world's biggest ceiling fan.

Asheville is quite simply the coolest town I visit with regularity. Good restaurants, amazing art, killer venues, and wonderful people. Let me know if you need any specific beta on the town or the climbing.
bengoodwin

Post by bengoodwin »

The Impossible Shapes - Tum
Band of Horses - Everything All the Time
Fruitbats - Mouthfulls
Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
Les Savy Fav - Inches
Frank Black and the Catholics - Black Letter Days (Best album in the world, ever?)
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

In addition to the wonderful list given by Mr./Ms. Deleted Username above,

Is anyone even reading this anymore??
heidiramma

Post by heidiramma »

the sound of one hand clapping
The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own.
You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president.
You realize that you control your own destiny.

Albert Ellis
JB

Post by JB »

I dunno why i show up as a deleted username and a poser... but oh well.

the new Patty Griffin - Children Running Through is getting some serious rotation. especially the duet with Emylou called Trapeze. wow.
[size=75]i may be weak, but i have bad technique[/size]
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Say It Right, by Nelly Furtado... on repeat. The lyrics aren't that impressive, but the song as a whole has a great energetic, sexy vibe to it.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)