Your $$$ Needed To Keep The Southern Region Open

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...

Would you pay $75 per year for the next seven years to keep the Southern Region open?

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes: 106

BigRed

Post by BigRed »

So, would 75 in 7 pay off the entire mortage?
Grip it and Rip it!
captain static

Post by captain static »

Here's the math with each person paying $75 a year:

2007 - 2009 Mortgage Payment = $29,393 per year

$29,393 / $75 = 392 contributors

2010 - 2013 Mortgage Payment = $29,385

$29,385 / $75 = 392 contributors

Payments are due July 15 of each year. I am happy to report that we are already a little over 1/3 of the way towards the July 2007 payment. So at this point we need 260 more contributions of $75 to meet our goal. If you haven't already seen, the RRGCC website (http://www.rrgcc.org/)has a goal thermometer.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
gulliver

Post by gulliver »

Time to start moving that thermometer up a little. I posted some gear in the auction for the PMRP, so I need some shoppers.
captain static

Post by captain static »

On behalf of the RRGCC Board of Directors*, I am happy to report that as of the end of 2006 almost $15,000 had been raised towards the 2007 PMRP mortgage payment of $29,393.00. The thermometer on the RRGCC website will be updated shortly to reflect this. Regardless, we still need continue working on moving that mercury up as Gulliver indicates. In this regard thank you to Brandon (bhuff04) at RockQuest Climbing Center for raising yet another $44.00 over the holidays using rope bracelets as incentive for the RQ donation container. Every little bit helps!

*Not sure who the RRGCC Board of Directors are? Or maybee you know who they are but really don't know their background? Then check out their bios at: http://www.rrgcc.org/bios.php

Bill Strachan, Executive Director
(http://www.rrgcc.org/bios.php?id=e4da3b ... 0674a318d5)
Red River Gorge Climbers' Coalition
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

so when i did the math, i realized it's only $6.25/month/person to donate $75/year. why not make your new year's resolution to set up a monthly auto deduction to donate. most banks have a bill-pay feature where you can make it automatic. or mark your calendar and make a 1-time payment each month. you can also donate at http://www.rrgcc.org/membership.php.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

Thanks for the update, Bill.
Time to ante up again.
Dig down deep. Actually, $75 isn't that deep to dig. We can do it, folks.
Let's get this mofo paid off.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
captain static

Post by captain static »

The website thermometer is now updated thanks to Rockman. The automatic deduction is a great way to contribute. In our strategic planning we discussed providing instruction on the donation page on how to set that up.
gulliver

Post by gulliver »

Bumping this. Looking back through these pages I noticed we are about where we were this time last year, but there was some momentum going then.

What ideas are out there at the moment for raising some money? I mean this in a good way, I hope we're not all waiting for artsy to light a fire under our butts.

Thanks again to Dr. Bob, ray and artsy, the rrrgcc leaders and everyone else who gives or works on the project.

I think a lot of what is being done is just being done quietly at the moment and it needs to be exposed better or promoted louder.
captain static

Post by captain static »

Thanks for the bump. My last post & the current rrgcc.org thermometer reflect end of 2006. It is my understanding from Dr. Bob that he had several decent pledges he expected to come in after the first of the year and I know that we have continued to receive donations from other sources also. So there is definitely some momentum. I will contact our Treasurer, Dwight Bradburn, and get our current status to post and to update the thermometer.

As far as fundraising ideas our strategic planning is focussing on "making the donation process as easy as possible." In this regard we are applying for a bulk mailing permit so we can provide pre-paid envelopes for people to use to send in their donation. These envelopes along with brochures will be made available at gyms and other climbing related businesses.

From our two strategic planning meetings we have developed a draft 2007 RRGCC Strategic Plan that is ready for review and finalization. If you did not attend the planning sessions and would like to see the draft plan please send me a pm with your e-mail address and I will get it out to you.
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

see where we're at now or keep up with it as i update it by adding it to google earth as a network link:

http://orangesky.knowchaos.com/rrg/RRGCC.kmz

if you want your name, company, picture.. just about anything to come up when people click on name on the right, it's $40 a block (and each block is about an acre.. so consider yourself the cooperative owner for a year).

any thoughts about this? pm me if you want to buy a block..

[updated the link]
Last edited by Paul3eb on Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins