The non-climbing photography thread.

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

Seriuosly, you guys need to start breaking your posts up into, like, 4 pictures per post so the pages will load more quickly. I'd bet that those poor lost souls with dial-up can't even look at this thread. I've got blazing fast cable and that last page takes around 40 seconds to load.
[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]
ynot

Post by ynot »

Waaaaa Whaaa Whaaaa yeah I'm on dial up cause I'm a dinasuar. 3 pictures load at a time but I wait cause it's like Christmas. The B3 pics are really sweet ,Wes. I'll never forget belaying a guy that onsighted that thing and the Gift. Long wall, what a cool place. Something for everyone.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
ynot

Post by ynot »

Go make a samich while they load.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Wes

Post by Wes »

"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

I have camera envy. Those look so amazingly sharp.

Do any of you guys with the big equipment ever sell to news organizations? How does one go about this? I've often thought it would be a great job to run around looking for newsworthy shots.
[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]
Wes

Post by Wes »

I think you can buy the camera used for around $500 now. More about the lenses in a lot of ways.

Thought about getting on the freelance list for a few places, but I don't think they pay all that well.

BTW, for the tech geeks - these are at iso1600, f2.8, with post work in Aperture.

Po, the kung fu panda
512OW

Post by 512OW »

Nice Wes. Almost makes me miss wrestling...

Maybe I should dig out my old college singlet and climb in it... :shock:
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Dude, the thought of that freaks me out. Please don't.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Hush, Sir! :twisted:
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
Wes

Post by Wes »

Thanks much. It was cool to go to the tournament, was at my old high school, and it was a nice stroll down memory lane, from when I was wrestling there, like 20 years ago. Was also really cool to feel the vibe and energy there as well. Competition. No new age, touchy-feely, it's about the movement/setting/whatever. Nope, just about winning, about beating your opponent. Crushing them if you can. Maybe not PC in the climbing world, but it is something that is good to have in the right amount. The one thing that was sorta bad, though, was that there were way more wrestlers then there were spectators, and this was a pretty good sized tournament. Such is life in basketball crazed KY, I guess. My friend is now the head coach at one of the Lexington HS (byran station), so will probably shoot a couple more meets this year.
512OW wrote:Nice Wes. Almost makes me miss wrestling...

Po, the kung fu panda