Running

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.

How many of ya'll out there run?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:50 pm

Once a week.
3%
Twice a week.
26%
Three or more times a week.
39%
What's running and why would I do something so agonizing like running?!
32%

Total votes: 31

pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

Meadows wrote:Wuss!

I'm in agreement with Steve - races are costing so much these days. It's now 65.00 to run Indianapolis' famous Mini-marathon. I can understand the rising costs of closing down streets and policing the event, but when it's a 3.1 mile race, I think 30 is way high, especially when all the work is volunteer.
but if it's all volunteer, then shouldn't the races be free like so many assume climbing is?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

No, it shouldn't be free, especially when it's benefitting a special cause. It just should require excessive payment.
redpointron

Post by redpointron »

check this out...

http://rodale.typepad.com/deans_run_home/

i went and ran with this dude yesterday (that's me in a couple pictures). pretty amazing runner.

regards.

r.r.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

dang!
dmw

Post by dmw »

how long has he been doing this??? he was def. influenced by all that corn.....
redpointron

Post by redpointron »

dmw wrote:how long has he been doing this??? he was def. influenced by all that corn.....
he ran 50 marathons in 50 consequtive days in all 50 states. towards the end he said it was such a circus he just wanted to get back to doing what he loved. so he took off from NYC in early november pushing all of his stuff in a jogging stroller en route to san francisco. his dad joined him somewhere in maryland with an r.v. and he follows along with him now.

regards.

r.r.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

doing what he loved. running? now that is wierd.
dmw

Post by dmw »

I love running, but I def. don't like it in the winter... my joints just never have taken to it... and it is three or four miles of suffering before I warm up, and sometimes i never get warmed up. anyone have any suggestions for me on this? i have been for the past few weeks, running on the treadmill for an hour a day, but it is so boring, ugh......
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

go to gold's, take headphones and watch TV, and dark shades to watch all the hot babes.
redpointron

Post by redpointron »

pigsteak wrote:go to gold's, take headphones and watch TV, and dark shades to watch all the hot babes.
nothing wrong with doing what you love...

r.r.