New River Gorge Climbers Rendezvous May 16-18

Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...
sparky

Post by sparky »

man what's wrong with 60 and all the hill jack towns, it's the quickest way to fayetville or summersville as long as you aren't driving up in the middle of the afternoon, or mornings on a weekday. 35 is only a suggestion on most of the road until you get to gauley bridge
" climb like hell and die" dipsi
Rain Man

Post by Rain Man »

Well, I didn't really think it was necessary for me to get a ticket doing 50 in a 35 mph residential zone that stretches for 20-30 miles. Maybe if you made that turn onto 16 to Fayettvile it might be quicker. I just know that where I met this guy (at the 19-60 interchange) had some very "slow going" on much of 60 and it wasn't traffic related (that I remember, but if it was, it was one car going way to slow). On just my motorcycle, then 60-16 or 60-61 is a good path, because I'd get the "twisties" on my way.
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."
D. H. Lawrence
sparky

Post by sparky »

just givin you a hard time, that road can be so slow from time to time
it gives the new kinda of that back woods off the beaten path feeling
" climb like hell and die" dipsi
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

Hey! The forecast is turning perfect for this weekend at the New:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/ ... ty=Beckley

I'm scheeming to go! Is the Burnwood Campground pretty easy to find once you're at the north side of the bridge?
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Damn! I would love to go but I played last weekend and I have my step-kids this weekend. Have a blast & report back!!!
Just genuinely disengenuous.

Post by Guest »

I'm not making this either, unfortunately. Call Waterstone and they'll help you out.

Watch out for ticks at the New. I hear they are having a really bad tick season, too. If you take your dog, be sure to clean up the dog poop and don't let him hack anyone's gear.
chester

Post by chester »

Well, tomarch are at the New sitting in a coffee shop, it's raining but the weather isn't cold. We are searching the guide book for a dry crag...
hope everyone is doing well!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:08 pm.
[size=84]Women are like tea bags. They don't know how strong they are until they get into hot water.[/size]