Stinky clothes

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
dmw

Post by dmw »

getting windowshaded in my boat taught me to appreciate just about everything to do with climbing, including my stinky-ass poly!!!
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Baking soda in the wash load is key. If you cannot wash right away, soak them in the sink with baking soda and water. Equally important, do not throw wet garments in the laundrey basket if you're not washing right away. Hang dry.
discojett

Post by discojett »

Paddlers call this stuff polystinkalene. Just embrace it, and know that a season of whitewater will teach you to appreciate how good your crag clothes smell.
Agreed. My car still smells like desert run-off.
Southern Utah - Where the women are men and the sheep are scared
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thanks, I'll try the baking soda.

And yes until a couple months ago I've always used dryer sheets with synthetics. I've read about the being a 'no no' but really can't tell a difference.
Huggybone

Post by Huggybone »

Now, you may have seen the calender of "Extreme Ironing." It now occurs to me it is somewhat misplaced. I mean, who need wrinkle free clothes when climbing. You'd need to be some kind of neat freak for that, but the idea was interesting enough to make it into climbing magazine, so how about something more useful?

Extreme washing!

Ok, ironing on the rock is pretty gay, but how about washing clothes on a rope? It would be good because then people would seek out these lines in the red near a waterfall, you know, to get those suds going. We could use biodegradable soap, and old hand wringers and washboards. Nothing feels as fresh as waterfall water! who cares about cows!
"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."
dmw

Post by dmw »

i'm totally lost
ynot

Post by ynot »

I'm still wondering what cows have to do with it?
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Jill

Post by Jill »

Huggy, you never have made much sense but, wtf?
Jill

Post by Jill »

Okay, my husband (Steve) seems to understand Huggy's post. Oh dear...
Huggybone

Post by Huggybone »

OK, you see, there's these people out there doing 'extreme ironing, ' Hauling an ironing board up to the cliff and ironing. So, I thought, gee thats gay, who needs ironed clothes when climbing? So, the alternative- wash your clothes at the crag, and do some fa's AT THE SAME TIME! everybody needs clean clothes.

Nobody climbs the lines in the red near waterfalls cause they are usually nasty. But if you are "extreme" enough, you would realize that this is the only way to wash and climb at the same time!

But, maybe that wouldn't be a great idea, cows shitting in all the streams from the farmland above.

Get it?
"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."