Stinky clothes

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
Jill

Stinky clothes

Post by Jill »

Some folks on here probably feel a sense of accomplishment when their clothes (synthetics) develop an aroma the survives the washing machine. And while I am a little awed, I would like my climbing/running/etc. clothes to not stink occasionally. I use ALL for everything. I wash most stuff on cold cause that is idiot proof. Sometimes I skip the dryer sheet because I've read that fabric softener products are bad for synthetics.

Suggestions please....
tsparks

Post by tsparks »

Well, you can buy special detergents for your 'high-tech' clothes if you would like, but I have had some success with putting a scoop of Oxy Clean in with my running clothes.
$DO||!$DO; try
try is not a command
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

You use dryer sheets on synthetic clothing? That's a first class trip to hell.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
reospeed

Post by reospeed »

yeah....never use dryer sheets with clothing that has wicking material in it...it takes away the wicking ability. I at one point didn't know this. I had an under armor tank top that was super for running...now it sucks. No sweat makes it to the surface at all.
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

who knew i could learn about laundry on a climbing site?!!! thanks for the tips!
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Put some baking soda in the wash. Nice and fresh!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
dmw

Post by dmw »

all of my capilene smells like somthing crawled into it and died. I don't care, I would rather be warm than smell good! has anyone bought any new patagucci capilene with the odor guard ultra protection layer??? is it for real? can it be true?
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

The mountain hardwear with the silver thread seems to work well also.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
charlie

Post by charlie »

Paddlers call this stuff polystinkalene. Just embrace it, and know that a season of whitewater will teach you to appreciate how good your crag clothes smell.
reospeed

Post by reospeed »

oooo...I have a shirt with silver thread...it's Hind...not mountain hardwear...but I love it...