climbers that care 2006

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Paul3eb

climbers that care 2006

Post by Paul3eb »

it's november already and it's that time of year again. the weather is cooling down and winter is settling in on kentucky. for the region around the red river gorge, it can often be difficult to make some ends meet. so in addition to take time to celebrate what we have, we're taking time to celebrate what we have to give.

last year, matt and amy ran an event called "climbers that care", essentially an effort to raise food and clothing for the families in the region. this fall, we're hoping to repeat the successes of that event by again calling for supplies and holding an event on november 18th. the location is still yet to be determined but a few highlights:

-we have jb booked for the musical festivities of the evening
-we'll be having the potluck as we did last year, including matt and amy's famous chicken chili!
-bring your all your gear for a gear swap.. a chance to exchange/trade/sell/buy gear that you want, need, or just simply crave
-and plenty of other details will follow..

so for the next couple weekends, please bring your canned goods and jackets/sweaters/socks/hats down to red river outdoors. or, if you can't make it and you live around the area (lexington), drop me a pm or something and i'll even come to your place to pick it up.

and if you have any ideas or thoughts on how we can make this better or do more, say the word. we really just want to be able to do some good down here during this time of year when it helps the most.

thanks again to all!
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

Paul, you're a good guy. I wish i had known before i left i would have donated my tights or thong. I'll try and get some stuff down that way if i can. Kepp up the good work.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
RRO

Re: climbers that care 2006

Post by RRO »

Corporate Whore wrote:
-we have jb booked for the musical festivities of the evening
-we'll be having the potluck as we did last year, including matt and amy's famous chicken chili!
-bring your all your gear for a gear swap.. a chance to exchange/trade/sell/buy gear that you want, need, or just simply crave
-and plenty of other details will follow..

We have the movie premier finally wrapped up and are excited to be showing Bernd Zangerl's new film called Memento. Go to http://www.mementoberndzangerl.com/www/start.html to check the film out.

Also wanted to remind everyone we have a donation box in the shop. Please bring your canned goods, hats, jackets, boots or whatever could make someones winter a little more comfortable. Last year we had a full truckload of supplies donated and hope to repeat that this year. All the food and clothing is donated to the food bank ran by the Catholic Church of the Good Shepherd in Campton.

Bring the gear thats been sitting in your closest for the gear swap. Buy/sell/trade/whatever.

JB will be playing music and hopefully we will get corpse to sit in on drums and maybe extend the music into the late night.

We will be having the gathering at the shop this year. Please remember the only entrance fee is a food/clothing donation and something for the pot luck dinner. Grab a pie from Miguels, a BBQ box from Marks, make something at home or buy a pie from your bakery. Just bring something and an empty stomach. If you just cant bring something for the pot luck then you can get in with a food/clothing donation and $5(which will be donated to the cause).

We are bummed that the event is on the same weekend as the Rockquest comp but didnt really have a choice. We have been planning this for a couple months and just couldnt change the date. Just make sure you hit/donate to at least one of the events. Food and clothing are needed everywhere.

More details to follow !!

Thanks
Matt
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

and wes is going to be gracing us with a slideshow! he says he's going to be changing it up for the past few so swing by to check it out ;)

and just to reiterate: november 18th 7pm at red river outdoors..

;)
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
dyno_heaven

Post by dyno_heaven »

so just drop the stuff off at RRO? because i definately have some things I'd be willing to donate. So here's to eliminating consumerism
dmw

Post by dmw »

would this also be a good time to bring old ropes to charlie?
RRO

Post by RRO »

whatever you and charlie are planning needs to stay in pm's.

dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Not so, RRO. I want to know! :shock:
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
RRO

Post by RRO »

bump.

and dipsi, dana told me what she was planning yesterday. i cried. you really dont want to know.

JB

Post by JB »

maybe dipsi needs a good cry!
[size=75]i may be weak, but i have bad technique[/size]